“Exceptional Customer Service!”

Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area
Ranked #141 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 16, 2013

First and for most i do agree the rooms are small, but when I stay here i feel welcomed with open arms!! I felt like a real guest that was just as important as the guest that are some kind of Club members. I was greeted with beautiful smiles, surrounded by happy people (the people who worked there) which made the stay a delightful one! The lady in the front desk was super nice and attended to my needs very attentively and the young ladies in the breakfast are just phenomenal!! Other than the rooms being small i felt like i was part of the holiday fam.
P.S. Just to let you know for next time the blackout curtains are right behind the sheer/see through ones.
-Guest

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty small.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank R G
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld Beach Area. I am so pleased that your experience at our property was so welcoming and made you feel "important" and made your stay a "delightful one". Here at our property we work hard to give the same level of of "exceptional customer service" to all of our guests that stay with us and I am so glad that you were able to notice that. We hope to have you stay with us again soon! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld Beach Area.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This room was barely large enough for 2 people. Also very confusing layout. There are no Restaurants that we could find that you could walk to other than the 7 eleven, Sushi place and a Mexican takeout next door. The room was also missing the blackout curtains and the room was so small that anyone looking in from the outside would be able to see you anywhere in the room. We will not be staying there again and I would definitely not recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not book room 222
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heltom1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear heltom1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the executive suite. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Rooms very small,Bathroom was nothing like the other Holiday Inn Express Hotels I have stayed in before, Food was terrible, Staff was very friendly and helpful, The location was Okay.
The hotel could use more ambiance and update the rooms, Could use some painting and Breakfast was terrible,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
SD_GM92131, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
It is guest like you that help us improve as a hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld Beach Area. We pride ourselves in maintaining our hotel above brand standards and we apologize if you were not happy with your room, and the breakfast. I can assure you that your input is greatly appreciated and is being taken into consideration. We hope that you decide to stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed at just about all the Holiday Inn Express locations in San Diego and the surrounding area and this one is near the top when it comes to location and cleanliness. Surprisingly quiet for where it is located, we enjoyed a great view of the golf course across the street. When we arrived, the staff was very helpful and also upgraded us to a room with a sitting room. The floor we were located on was quiet, but I attribute that to being the top floor, the AC in the room was quick and quiet when we wanted to change the temperature in the room. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank johnnywhitby
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After staying here to watch BYU dominate SDSU in the Fiesta Bowl, I looked up the hotel on Google Maps to look at the place I had stayed on Streetview. Even though the picture was from only a year earlier, back when it was a Comfort Inn, I could see that the hotel has improved drastically. It was a very nice modern hotel when I stayed there, unlike what you'll find on Streetview. Inside, the hotel is just as nice with perfectly comfortable rooms with all the things needed. The breakfast was very nice, especially since it was free. The only complaints I have are extremely minor; the elevator was unusually slow and the pool was one of the smallest I've ever seen. Also, parking in the inner area can be difficult because it is so tight.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kangrui
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Ok after going through a huge confusion over which Holiday Inn Express-San Diego Sea World was our reservation at (yes there are two of them with this exact name), when we finally got here, the guy at the front desk couldn't find us in his system (because we made the reservation using a travel website).. We had already lost a night here (ended up staying at the other Holiday Inn Express Sea World & paying there for 1 night impromptu), and when asked for an upgrade - didn't get one.. When asked for extra Rewards points, they couldnt find our Priority club member No. and were asked to speak to someone else in the upper mgmt! After that frustration finally got a room as small as the master bathroom in our house- literally! With one king bed & a desk, there isn't enough space in the room to even place two suitcases, without hopping over them to walk around! We are definitely not staying here for 5 nights as planned..

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Meggyz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Meggyz,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the problems you experienced at check in and for falling short of your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place has obviously come under quite a bit of renovations lately. The outside of the hotel looks really nice, and as much as the rooms were small and cute - they were absolutely clean and new looking.

Some may choose to give this a bad rating based on the size I guess, but for 50-60$ a night this place is a gold mine.

I wouldn't advise larger(long) vehicles to try and stay here as the parking lot is kind of small.

I've met like 5 people in the building and they all seem pretty nice and polite - there was even a nice young lady that held the door for quite a long time for me while I took my time getting in. As much as I've spent a lot of time in very nice establishments around the world - I've spent a lot of time around the slums and poorest places in America and the world - and this place is definately no slumhouse. It definately doesn't make me feel unsafe, and there seemed to be a few families staying here enjoying themselves too.

As far as ameneties the bathroom is small - but once again very clean and newesh looking - hot water was definately not an issue or clean towels for that matter.
Nice flat screen TV with quite a few channels, mini bar and microwave(more then many hotels give you for much more).....

The pool is very small I'll add. It would be perfect for a couple of kids to be able to play in and be watched from the room that faces it - other then that though i wouldn't suggest planning a big party in it. However like I said it looked like a great place to be able to watch your kids enjoying themselves.

The bed was soft and had obviously been changed. Nice desk with internet access and computer plug-in behind the lamp which is how it is supposed to be.

Pretty much the only reason I didn't give it 5 marks is because of the small parking area, at the same time like I said that kind of makes things feel safer being close to the entrances like that.
The staff were extremely pleasent and asked us to please call them for any thing we needed, including directions or information about the area - Excellent tourist hosts.

Room Tip: I would definately choose one facing the carpark on the evens side of the building myself, however i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple