Stayed here for 3 nights for Christmas 2005.
1) Very quick check-in. Requested for a high floor, 2 double beds, and facing the marina, and got it!
2) Very plush, clean, comfortable beds with 4 pillows (on each double bed)
3) Great views from the balcony
4) 5 free internet access/computers in the lobby: very nice modern setup with flat screen Sony monitors, free printing; also a lounge area with flat screen TV.
5) Large swimming pool, usually almost empty each day we swam; nice adjacent hot tub.
6) Convenience store at the lobby was great and essential
7) Laundry facilities!! very nice surprise; washer and dryers definitely helped during the trip
8) Lobby was nicely decorated with grand christmas tree + aquarium
9) For a hotel located right next to the airport, we didn't hear any planes at all! (except for loud next door neighbors)
10) Never pay anything above $99 for this hotel. It is priced right at $99/night.
1) Had the christmas buffet dinner, and it was definitely bland. Alcoholic drinks were weak. Should have gone to a restaurant in the Gaslamp District for much less than the $122 we were charged at the hotel.
1) Gym/health spa was closed & under renovation. Website was not updated until my day of arrival, so I could not fully complain.
2) Parking is a mess at times; no free spots, so you circle around and around and wait and wait
3) Thin walls- loud people in the rooms next door can bother you
4) Small bathrooms
5) No wireless internet; pay for ethernet access
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina