“Resort feel”

The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
Ranked #111 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel is pretty sweet. I checked in and was greeted by friendly staff. The hotel was pretty busy, but it didn't take long to check in and get to my room. The room was clean, nautical themed and had a balcony. Unfortunately I didn't have a marina view, but I still enjoyed having a balcony. I decided that I was going to try to squeeze in a trip to the San Diego Zoo. I went down stairs and talked to the very helpful ladies at the concierge desk. To my surprise, I was able to purchase a zoo ticket right there. They also called a shuttle service to come pick me up. I wanted to squeeze in a bite to eat, so I popped in to the restaurant and ordered chicken fingers, which I thought would be quick. Several customers arrived after I did, and some of them began to receive food before mine came out. My waitress was already hot on the case of my missing food without me having to ask. Another woman, I believe may have been the manager, also came out and apologized for the delay. My food finally arrived just in time for me to catch the shuttle and they told me it was on the house. I had a great time at the zoo and came back and had a wonderful nights sleep. This is an excellent hotel with a resort feel and has a great staff. This will be my first choice for any future trips to San Diego.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Awesome location on the harbor and near the airport. The staff is friendly and the windows isolate out almost all of the airport noise. Pro Tip there are two pools and hottubs, though you cant see them both at the same time. Check them both out before you decide where to splash around. Parking is about $30 a night.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the harbor and away from the airport
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
AustinGubrud, Manager at The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Kyle263,

Thank you very much for sharing the things that made your trip to San Diego exceptional, and for recognizing our associates. It is kind words like this that make our staff proud to provide memorable experiences time after time again.

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at the Sheraton San Diego hotel and Marina. We are hopeful for the opportunity to host you again when your travel plans permit.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Had nice views over the bay.The location is most convenient. The staff are most willing to ensure you have a happy stay. Compliments to Sheraton for this good hotel. Our late arrival was no problem to get the room we wanted.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Our package included a $50 room credit however this was not applied when we checked out. I should've checked the invoice but you expect these places to be professional . My wife noticed when we were halfway to LA so I wasn't about to turn around. How many others get caught out like this ?

Stayed: May 2014
AustinGubrud, Manager at The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Redgenz,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and we are deeply sorry for the lack-luster service you received with the billing process. We will certainly reverse any incorrect charges and please understand that this is never our intention. Your comments will be communicated to the Front Office management team.

During the check-in and out process, every guest should be informed of all charges and fees associated with their stay. We clearly missed the mark on this and we are very sorry about any inconveniences this may have caused.

The time spent writing your review is appreciated and we hope to welcome you back for another opportunity to demonstrate the potential of our hotel.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We booked the Sheraton Marina & Hotel through Hotwire, and were more than thrilled with this hotel!
We had called ahead and asked for a room on an upper floor facing the marina, when we arrived our room was not 'really' facing much except the parking lot. We called to the front desk, and were immediately given a room with the full marina view!
The rooms were beautifully decorated, and had a lovely balcony directly overlooking the pool & marina. It was a wonderful view to wake up to every morning! The beds were very comfortable, and I didn't notice much noise, even though this hotel sits directly across from the airport. There are mini bar fridges in the room....which meant no storage for your own beverages, etc. One thing that we did not like, was there were no vending machines. At least that we were able to find....perhaps they are in hidden key locations outside. So, we drank a lot of tap water that first night. ;) They have room service, and a restaurant or two...we did not use either of them. Mainly, because they closed too early, and had little selection for a family to have a late dinner.
The concierge was wonderful, and the bell men were great also.
The location for this hotel is really nice....pretty close to everything...waterfront, Little Italy, Mission Beach....all very close! You would benefit from renting a car, if you did not drive one. Otherwise, it is a bit of a walk to get to restaurants, etc.
This was a great hotel, and yes, we would stay here again....it was Beautiful!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank OceanBeau-T

Dear OceanBeau-T,

I would take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your recent stay. We love hearing great feedback like yours as we put forward everything possible to make every guest leave having had a great experience.

Our staff will be pleased to hear about the job well done and the great experience you took home. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to host you again if future travel plans permit.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great Bay and Marina location. The main lobby is big, clean and open. It has a big saltwater aquarium in the lobby. I stayed at the tower, and the lobby there is much smaller, but very nice. The staff is very professional, friendly and happy I was there.

I stayed in room 371. It overlooked the bay and NAS North Island. The view was beautiful. The bed is angled so you have the view while laying in bed. The room has a balcony. The higher floors would have a better view. The room was quiet and clean.

If you like to walk or run, there is a path along the bay. The area is safe.

The other side of the tower has a view of the marina and San Diego Lindbergh airport. The hotel is far enough away that the airport noise is minimal.

Food options are minimal. I ate at Quinn's. On a scale of 1-5, it's a 3. Service was just OK. And, it wasn't that busy.

Outside overlooking the marina are a couple of gas fire pits. Great place to sit and have drinks.

If you stay here and want to see San Diego, you'll need a car. Gas lamp district is not far away. But, too far to walk to.

When in San Diego, make plans to visit Top of the Hyatt for appetizers and beverages. The view is spectacular!!!

Overall, the Sheraton is a wonderful hotel. Clean rooms. Comfy beds. And a beautiful location.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We only stayed one night on our way to Maui. The rooms are large and very nice. The hotel and our room were spotless. I slept like a baby, the bed is very comfortable. There was only one person at the check in counter and we waited a long time. She was also taking people out of turn. The hotel is pretty and clean. It took forever to get food at the deli too. Overall the service is very slow and they should add staff. It's the closest hotel to the airport and yet we barely heard any noise. I really liked the room and the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear shanchicago,

Thank you very much for sharing such kind words about our property. It is pleasing to hear that we provided such a great experience for you during your recent stay. It is stories like this that truly paints a perfect picture of what our hotel has to offer.

Pairing breathless views with remarkable service is a recipe for an unforgettable visit to San Diego. Thank you for your review and we hope for another opportunity to host you again when time permits.