Last weekend I celebrated my birthday by staying a few days in the MARINA TOWER of the Sheraton San Diego Tower and Marina. I had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute of my vacation. The Sheraton courtesy van picked me up from the nearby San Diego Airport and drove the few minutes to the hotel, which is huge with two towers and three pools and several restaurants right on the water of the bay. The Marina Tower lobby is beautiful and spacious with a friendly and fast check-in. There are fragrant fresh flowers on the foyer tables, by the elevators, and on the Club Level on the top floor of the Marina Tower. I was so exhausted from flying from Chicago's freezing snowy weather, that I did not even notice the nice Sheraton projection on the marble floor in the huge lobby until the next day. Everyone should stop at the lobby concierge desk and meet Cecilia, the most enthusiastic, well informed, thoughtful concierge that I have ever met. She was so gracious and kind to me by surprising me with treats in my room for my birthday and trying so hard to find a cable for my camera to download all the lovely photos that I took of the marina water views. She is very warm and welcoming. Every concierge was quite helpful. I also visited the small orderly gift shop to purchase over-priced stamps, and picked up snacks in the first floor cafe. My Room 1212 in the Marina Tower was clean, quiet, nicely updated, and overlooked the peaceful marina full of dozens of boats. I was not a fan of the red, white, and blue nautical decor in my room and would have preferred more subdued neutral colors. When I could not get the flat panel tv to come on and mentioned it to maintenance, it was fixed immediately. My room had newer carpeting, a comfortable king bed, and gorgeous views overlooking the marina from my balcony. I especially liked the professional staff in the Marina Tower Club Level lounge who served a somewhat monotonous 6:30 to 9:30 AM breakfast of fresh fruit, warm oatmeal, pastries, bagels, croissants, hard boiled eggs, cold cuts and cheese, and coffee every morning. Newspapers and bottled water were available in the Club Lounge. In the evenings they served a buffet which included two warm hors d'ouvres, fresh fruit, and delicious shortbread cookies, along with coffee and cocktails for purchase in the Club Lounge, which has huge windows to admire the city and marina views. I enjoyed walking along the marina and waking up to the sounds of the marina from my balcony each morning. There were nice fire pits to sit near and visit with other guests, but one of the two swimming pools was closed along with the restaurant called Shoreline. Lovely flowers (petunias) were neatly planted in huge flower beds near the grand entrance. The lobby was full of activity from groups of seniors arriving for a cruise. One day I went over to the Bay Tower building and was not so impressed with the dated decor and less attractive swimming pool and less attentive concierge check-in staff. I will be sure to request the Marina Tower the next time that I stay at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina. Their front desk, concierge, Club Lounge, and transportation staff made my birthday stay memorable, and I will return for sure. Thanks for treating me like a Starwood member VIP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina