This hotel is really two properties that are separated by about a 7-10 minute walk. First and foremost, if you are not in the main (Marina) tower, get ready to do some walking. I was stuck in the Bay Tower and had to hoof it over to the Marina Tower for my conference which was fine, but you have to build in that extra time for every trip over. The services at the Bay tower are also not as good. Room service breakfast was supposed to start at 6 AM, but nobody was answering the phone even after 6:30 AM. I then went down to the dining room at 6:30 AM for a wickedly overpriced buffet and was given a wonderful glass of spoiled skim milk. Not much of an apology, nothing comped. Bad service choice. There also isn't much by way of restaurants in the area, so you should definitely get a car if you are staying here (but don't forget the $22/day for parking.) Housekeeping was really slow. They kept servicing my room later and later, and by the last day it was 4PM before they got to my room. Add to all of this that my room faced the airport, and this place was not worth the money. The prices seem reasonable, until you start getting nickle and dimed, and then add in the fact that it is difficult to walk to anything since you are essentially on a small islet. I only stayed here because of a conference, but I would honestly stay at another location if I had to do it all over again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina