Our stay began after we had just got done visiting Disneyland in Anaheim for three days. It took us four hours to fight the Friday afternoon traffic along interstate 5 to get to San Diego. We were exhausted and prepared for the gentle letdown being away from the Disney magic. Boy, were we in for a surprise!
The Check-in was quick and smooth. We were placed on the 12th floor (Club Level) with a room view that overlooked part of the bay and downtown San Diego across from it. The view was gorgeous. The boat masts below were set with the city as a background. Then we made the journey to the 14th floor where the Club Lounge was. I'm not talking about a small room with a few snacks; I'm talking about a very large room with large windows overlooking both sides of the bay. The spread was immaculate and attended by Anthony whose knowledge of the area we later depended upon.
We found out from Anthony that Torrey Pines Reserve was a must see, and how best to see the Sunset Cliffs. The next day we took his advice and discovered that the magic was not left behind at Disney, but followed us into these beautiful natural reserves. My camera's batteries were replaced several times. The best part is that the Sheraton was so centrally located to so many attractions and places to see that it made it difficult what to see. Fortunately we had Anthony to help us to decide. See Torrey Pines and the Sunset Cliffs at sunset, you won't regret it.
If you have kids (or not), you will love the pool areas (yes I meant areas plural). In the evening they had a big jumbo television showing kid movies visible from the shallow pool. They also had lounge areas with flame rock pits for the adults to relax. It was all so overwhelming that my family thought there had to have been some error that got us into such a hotel. Needless to say I was highly appreciated by my family during this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina