I was having some work done on my home in San Diego so I stayed at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Maina on a Saturday evening. I have stayed at this property many times before and it is the San Diego hotel that I recommend to friends, family and business guests. I have stayed at all of the Starwood Properties in San Diego and this is my favorite. The bayfront location and proximity to the airport, downtown, the Zoo and Sea World make this ideal.
The night I checked in was quite busy. Despitie the crowds, the check-in process was excellent. I waited no more than a few minutes. I am fortunate enough to be a Platinum member but I noticed that the same quality and friendly service was being provided to all those who were checking in. I wish all Starwood properties were as consistent and accomodating as this one. Precious and Jaymie were especially helpful and provided me with a beautiful room that will keep me coming back as a loyal customer. I mentioned that I would like a quiet room and they more than accomodated my request. It was the best night sleep I have had in a long time. As usual, the room was well-appointed and spotless. This may sound trivial, but I appreciate the quality flat screen televisions they have in the rooms. A small point, but it made for an even more enjoyable stay.
The hotel is a large property and what I enjoy, is that it has a resort-type of feel. Just being at the hotel feels like a vacation which after a long week was most welcome. I had access to the Club Room which is one of the best. It is located on the top floor of the hotel and has beautiful views of San Diego Bay. The food and refreshments offered are generous and the service again is excellent.
This is an excellent hotel for the business and vacation traveler alike.
I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Starwood, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina