This is my third multi-day stay at this property for a meeting. Each time in a Marina Suite.
The location - excellent if you want isolation with wonderful views; city/harbor views are better than marina views. Excellent because it is close to the airport with complimentary shuttle service 24/7. If you want options for eating and entertainment........not so excellent; it's a cab ride into the city, not a long or expensive trip but it is a trip.
A Marina Suite is two regular rooms with most of the connecting wall removed so you get two balconies and two closets along with one bathroom, a gratie topped bar with mini-fridge, a very nice living room with couch two chairs, coffee table, cradenza and large flat-panel TV. The bedroom has a king-size bed, work area, two night tables (with drawers!) and a second cradenza with a second large flat panel TV that is half consumed with the min-bar. This is a great set-up for an extended stay, I suspect a regular room might be a little tight.
The single bathroom is small and tight.The all-white "decorating" seems overly institutional. Towels were adequate in size, barely, with a plushness appropriate to a Sheraton. The toiletries were of reasonable quality and were replaced as they were needed if not before. Water flow in the shower was low, but this is southern California so anything more might have been illegal. The robe was a light waffle knit, at least there was a robe.
The bed and associated inens were fine. Four king-size pillows were more than adequate. Lighting above the two night tables was adequate and the night tables themselves had large surfaces and drawers (did I mention the drawers?). The work area had a large surface, hard-wired internet and wi-fi was available and worked well. There was adequate light and power for work. The one flaw with the suite set-up is the cradenza was too close to the work area so the top drawer was only partially useful - in the suite this was not a problem because of the cradenza in the living room and I guess in a regular room the drawer would not be blocked.
Check-in was fast, friendly and efficient, so was check-out. I had an issue with a slow draining sink that was resolved quickly with a single call.
Exercise facilities were adequate, not stressed during my stay.
There is a Starbucks off the lobby which was a good alternative to the restaurant which was good but with very slow service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego has established itself as a destination featuring world class spirit with genuine warmth. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina offers an authentic San Diego experience. Iconic sunsets and a waterfront destination…it’s comfortably upscale without pretense. As an architectural cornerstone positioned at the point of entry into the city - by air or sea - the imposing facade of the hotel reflects an architectural design inspired by the region’s naval influence. In the mid 1800s, city leaders realized the potential of the San Diego Bay and, with the anticipation of the opening of the Panama Canal, the importance of improving the harbor for commerce. Significant modifications were needed to the Bay to accommodate large ships. As a result, Harbor and Shelter Island were developed, as well as much of the land beneath the San Diego International airport. Today’s San Diego has evolved into a place to meet and share inspiration. Overlooking the scenic San Diego Bay and a private marina, the hotel is a place where San Diego soul and contemporary style go hand and hand. A Bayside resort with urban accessibility, the hotel is a waterfront hub connecting you to the destination’s renowned attractions. Ideally located within easy reach, the historic Liberty Station, the waterfront districts of Point Loma, the energy of Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter offer convenient, lively dining and entertainment venues. Amongst exquisite lifestyle decor and a relaxing atmosphere, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reflects a perfect haven for the active lifestyle that is woven deep into the region’s DNA. There are waterside fire pits and three pools - each with a unique personality. But most importantly, the hotel is designed to make best use of San Diego’s average 72 degree year-round sunny weather. Sitting on the dock of the Bay, the hotel offers access to water sport rentals and sailing tours to provide an extraordinary perspective of San Diego. Along with the diversity that found home in San Diego, the intense energy that the destination acquired offers a remarkably unique experience. Naturally, this energy worked its way into the foundation of the hotel. From the moment of arrival, the hotel is designed to offer a scenic environment with unmatched flexibility and capability. The nautically inspired guest rooms and suites come with an elegant array of amenities and social enabling conveniences. Social travelers seeking something astonishing can choose one of the spacious and well equipped suites for a unique and luxurious home away from home. Reflecting the needs of the world’s social traveler, a great hotel is built with much more than awe-inspiring design. The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina enlists a warm, friendly and tenured staff that is connected to the urban energy of downtown San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina