Tripadvisor
San Diego
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews citrus restaurant montgomery field coffee maker la jolla aero downtown microwave shuttle shampoo zoo convention california
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had our Annual Holiday Party at Four Points by Sheraton at everything turned out great! Food and service was great. Janice is awesome for assisting us on our needs. Definitely recommending this place.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

If you're looking for a relaxing/quiet/clean hotel, this is NOT the place for you!!

The first room we got, there was an issue with the door. It wouldn't open! We went to the front desk and they said, "Oh yeah, we've been having an issue with several rooms not opening," so they had to give us another room. That meant lugging all of our stuff from room to room.

The beds are tiny! My legs were hanging off of the edge of the bed. They are so small, my girlfriend had to sleep on the other bed because we both didn't fit on one bed. Jack and Rose had more room on that Titianic door than we did on that bed.

Plus the beds are pretty much just roll out beds. You try to lay on it, and it slides around. It's like riding a sled around the room. The beds are also super noisy. You can't move at all because if you move an inch, it makes so much noise, it wakes up other people in the room.

Not to mention the beds are hard as a rock. It was like laying on a piece of plywood. I'm sure the floor would have been more comfortable than the bed. Plus there was a disgusting stain on the mattress. I wasn't sure if it was dirt or blood, but it was gross! There was also a broken spring sticking out of the mattress that cut my leg.

The rooms are located in atriums, so the noise echoes like crazy. Everytime someone closes their door, it echoes throughout the entire hallway. Same with people talking in the atrium. They sound like they're standing at your door talking even if they're all the way down the hall. You can't get any rest at all.

There was a pinhole leak in the sink, so everytime we'd turn on the sink, it would shoot out water onto the wall. That water built up and made the entire counter soaked the entire two days we were there. Also the cold water side of the sink was broken, so if we used it, wed had to mess with it for a few minutes to turn it off.

Speaking of the water, there is no control over the temperature. You either take a scorching hot shower or you have to take an artic cold shower. Any adjustment would go from one extreme to the other. The shower was clogged up, so when you'd take a shower, there were several inches of water you'd have to stand in.

They placed ashtrays right in front of the entry/exit, so everytime you walking inside or outside, you have to walk through a nasty cloud of smoke. Plus the law states no smoking within 20 feet from a building, yet they placed the ashtrays like three feet away from the doors

Parking sucked. Saturday night, we came back to the hotel and had to drive around and around to find a spot. They have an "Old School Saturdays" party that's open to the public, so people that aren't even staying at the hotel take up all the spots, while people that are actually staying at the hotel are forced to suffer with no parking (even though we had to pay $15/day for parking). They are always having events there, so I'm sure it's not just an issue on Saturdays.

Lighting in the room was bad. There's no switch to turn on the lights besides a dim light near the door that doesn't light up anything besides the tiny closet. You have to walk in the room in the pitch black and manually turn on each one of the three dim lights.

I almost forgot to mention the alarm that went off at 5am and continued blaring for 20 minutes. As soon as I picked up the phone to call the front desk, it finally turned off. I was so upset about it, I couldn't go back to sleep (not like I got much sleep there in the first place).

Overall, this was one of the worst hotel stays ever. We actually booked the room for three days, but the hotel was so bad, we only stayed two days, and checked out early. We still got charged for three days, but there was no way we were spending another sleepless night there on separate beds like the parents on Leave It to Beaver.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CurtisW507, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We apologize for the issues experienced at our hotel, and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

My wife and I stayed at Four Points by Sheraton last weekend and found the hotel clean and the staff were friendly and professional. We are Marriott rewards members and received a nice room upgrade with great views from the front desk staff (Dylan and Mitchell). They were both very nice and made us feel valued as rewards members. We also had drinks and dinner in the bar area and the young lady at the bar was super nice and our drinks and food was great. The only thing we didn't like about the facility is the valet only parking for $40. Even though the valets were nice it's always scary handing your car over to some 20 something year old stranger. We would have really liked the option to park our own car.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

I hosted a large event at this property(400+) and would do so again. The onsite staff was terrific. We had room blocks in addition to the event in the ballroom. The front desk seamlessly assisted the guest check in and the event execution went well. I recommend this property for future events.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 20, 2019

Janice Trinidad, Social Catering Sales Manager, from Four Points by Sheraton, did a FANTASTIC job in working with me and our short timeline to pull this off. The feedback from our employees on the event were positive as the venue and staff were excellent. I'm so impressed with how this event went that I'm now considering having my daughters Sweet 16 party here. Great job Janice to you and your team! Happy Holidays!

Date of stay: December 2019