“Stay Away, Noisy Room and Poor Managment”

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #206 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles
“Stay Away, Noisy Room and Poor Managment”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

The major offense of the hotel is that they have people working on repairing the roof starting at 6:30AM. Only poor management with no regards for customer's comfort would allow such noisy repair at such unreasonable hour. I called to complaint but only received lip service with no action taken. The person at the front desk was unsympathetic and showed lack of interest. All these combined showed their lack of interest and awareness for customer's comfort.

The air conditioning in the room worked well but was unbearably loud. It was like have a lawn mower in the room! The air conditioning units are those commonly found in cheap motel. Don't count on having a good night sleep.

The dirty dishes from previous customers were out by the door during my entire stay. No one picked them up!

Being a platinum member of Starwood, I have stayed at many sheratons and four points. This is by far the worst Starwood property that I have stayed. It is a cheap motel that should not have starwood name nor price.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed for four nights at the end of July. I had difficulty booking online through their website as I didn't have a USA address, so I phoned the reservation helpline and booked over the phone. The staff member was not able to give me the cheaper internet rate but I continued with my booking as I was pressed with time. We checked in later sames day and stayed for 3 nights. I then enquired about whether we could stay one more night. Front desk staff were dismissive when I asked for the internet rate for the 4th night, I booked online for the 4th night. On checking out we were told there was no booking for us, funny as when we checked in there was? On pressing them further they found 2 booking for us one for 2010. There was a lot of passing the buck and nothing was solved during the nearly 2 hours we spent in reception trying to resolve the matter. I showed them they had already charged my credit card as I had checked at the bank. They insisted they hadn't. W e wasted a LOT of time here and missed our deadline in the next city. On my return to NZ I have checked with my bank and this hotel has charged me 3 times for 4 nights accommodation and refunded me only once, I have sent them an email but as of yet I have had no contact from them. They owe me us$609 that they have overcharged my card by putting through one transaction 3 times. They have made no effort to contact me despite the fact that we left the hotel after nearly 2 hours of waiting in reception with our children while they tried to sort out their booking mess. Good things about this hotel, the room was o.k, the free shuttle service is very handy to get to Seaworld, Zoo, downtown, Balboa park etc. The shuttle drivers are excellent, the hotel staff are lacking in customer service skills. The restaurant staff were very helpful and the $10 buffet lunch I thought was good value. The staff on the front desk really let down the hotel.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank IzzieB
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Negative:
Bed was hard, sheets were rough which made for an uncomfortable nights sleep.
The room smelt of cleaner, though the vanity was dirty upon arrival.
The bathroom was quite small so only one of us could get ready at a time.
The towels were very rough like brillo pads
Free breakfast was not worth the walk to the lobby area, dry and tastless!

Positive
Perfect location, providing free parking, 12 minutes to Balboa park, 15 minutes to the harbor or mission beach, easy acces to several freeways.
Room service was prompt and friendly (though expensive)
Decor was decent with plenty of desk space.
Fairly quite and private overall

Overall not bad for the price, but wish the bed was more comfortable.

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Don't be turned off by any nay sayers about this hotel; it's a very nice place. Even though it appears, on a map, far from San Diego attractions, the city in small enough to get to those places from the hotel in a short time and the freeways are very close. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I don't know what there is to complain about. I guess some people are hard to please. If you're easy going and want a nice clean place, here it is!

1 Thank John B
arizona
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We had stayed at this hotel once before this trip. The hotel is clean and the staff are very friendly. Upon our arrival our room was not ready so we waited about 30 minutes and then the manager of the hotel came to us and offered us some free drinks and food from the hotels coffee bar. We didnt really want anything but she almost insisted so we took her up on it. It was a very nice gesture on her part and we didnt care that we had to wait to get into our room. That was not an issue for us because we were not in that big of a hurry and the lobby was very nice. The room was adequate even though they dont put alot of frills to the room. Only bad thing with our room was our bed. The mattress sunk terribly in the middle and that creates a back problem for us. Mattress should be updated but other than that the room was great. They give alot of amenities and even though the room didnt come with a hairdryer in it we just had to ask and we received a brand new one within minutes! :)..Very accomadating and very close to the freeways so there is easy access to alot from this hotel. It is not downtown but it is a very handy hotel in getting around san diego. We will definitely stay there again when in san diego!

1 Thank bnanafana
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Four points San Diego was a pleasant stay. We arrived in the early afternoon and would not expect our room would be ready. However, the reservation staff made every attempt to get us a room even when we said that we can return later. He had a room that would be ready in 5 minutes.
The room was a suite with two separate connecting rooms. The room was clean and had a classic style we have seen many years in the past. Each room had a separate air conditioning unit (commonly call a swamp cooler). Internet is free at all Four Point hotels and there is no charge for parking and there is no valet or luggage assistance. The Hotel is located off the freeway tucked in the corner among the palm trees. I do not think we could have found this place without our navigator.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was concerned about our comfort while at the hotel and the reservation staff made every attempt to get us the best room as a platinum member. The hotel could use an upgrade.

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My Dad and I drove down the coast to 'America's Finest City' this past weekend to see The Padres vs. Oakland at Petco. We decided to stay at Four Points S.D. due to it's location (Near Montgomery Field & Downtown S.D.) and the fact we've stayed here before (last year while the hotel was under renovation). Well, the hotel renovation is complete, and we were quite impressed with the result. Yes, other reviewers have commented on 'The Prison-like hallways' but the room is anything but a 'cell' - The Beds were comfy, the coffee free and a fridge along with microwave. The room was quite modern with wood-trim touches. I liked it, and along with the outdoor Pool & Jacuzzi - This property has become one of my favorites. We will most certainly return. Peace - JG

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family