“Pleasent Stay”

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #216 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 4, 2005

The hotel is located close to major freeways, hence is short drive to downtown San Diego and other major attractions. Staff was really friendly and as requested we were given a renovated room. The rooms were clean and nice with the usual ammenities plus a microwave and a mini fridge. You do get free internet if you use a ethernet cable(can be picked up at the service desk). Wireless internet is for a cost of 9.99 a day. There is no free breakfast in the hotel, but they do have a diner on site. For the price this hotel was a very good deal and offered a pleasent stay.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank angad76

Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed June 29, 2005

My wife, two small children, and I arrived at The Four Points Sheraton (SAN), in the late afternoon on 06/25/05. The front desk pulled up our reservation and told use they did not have the type of room we had reserved available which was a king size bed and a pullout sofa bed for my kids. Instead, they had one of their newly renovated rooms which had a king size bed and they said they would bring in a futon for my sons. Well it’s a good thing we brought our “pack & play” crib for our youngest to sleep in because the futon turned out to be a foam mat. The room was nice enough but it was a little cramped for 4 people, a crib, and a mat on the floor. I thought for just one night it would be okay and my son was excited to sleep “like he was camping”. We had been driving all day anxious to get some rest. Silly me for assuming we would be able to sleep at a hotel whose business is sleep.

Around 8:00 pm, I heard loud thumping music and assumed it was a car in the parking lot and it would end soon. It did not. I called the front desk and asked where the music was coming from. I was told the bar had the back door open and once the door was closed the noise would cease. The loud thumping music continued for about 45 minutes. At that point my wife went to the front desk to see if we could move. The answer of course was no, they were full. She asked again if the music could be lowered and they said it would be taken care of. She was also told the bar was open till 1:00 am. The later it got the louder the music became. My forth and final call to the front desk was around 10:40 pm when my youngest son woke up from the increasingly volume of the boom boom boom. The desk clerk seemed annoyed I was calling again and said, “What’s wrong now?” I asked for the General Managers name and will follow up with him and the Corporate Headquarters.

Needless to say the music continued till 1:00 am, I finally fell asleep at 1:40. I will never stay here again! My wife works for a major airline and comes in contact with 100’s of would be hotel seekers on a daily basis and said she will share our story with those traveling to San Diego. If you wish to have a fighting chance of a good night sleep avoid the “C” concourse on the golf course side. There may be other areas as well. I guess the Four Point Sheraton is a bar first and a hotel second.

• Stayed: June 2005