“convenient location large room”

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #210 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed at this property during a recent visit to San Diego. Although a little distance from downtown, but it's a very convenient location, close to high way yet not too noisy. Room is large enough. Free parking, free wifi. Not much view but room is clean and comfortable.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheng W
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities and that our hotel and team met your expectations. Take care!

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton San Diego

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff,good location.We are from the uk ,you can walk to the major attractions other than the beach easily.

Yes maybe a fridge would be good but ice bucket and ice provided,as was tea and coffee.We were on floor 15 I think the lower floors may have been subject to traffic noise from the freeway but we were fine.

Transport to and from the airport complimentary is a great bonus.

We'll done to you all

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors it will be less noisy
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Used Starwood points for a free night here. I got a very spacious room overlooking the pool and they had free WiFi. The mini refrigerator and microwave came in handy when I brought back leftovers to eat later. I actually decided to stay another evening (used cash and points this time) and the staff was very accommodating, they let me stay in the same room and I did not have to pack everything up, just had to stop by the front desk to check out, check right back in and get new key cards. The ladies at the front desk were really nice and even wished me luck when they found out I was on my way to an interview. It's definitely not close to downtown, or even the hotel circle, but it was quiet, clean, there was free parking with lots of spaces, it's close to a couple different freeways and also very close lots of restaurants. I definitely wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

We hope your interview went well! Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We're happy we met your expectations and that you will consider staying with us again the next time you're in the area. Cheers!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were traveling to San Diego to see old friends after a business trip in Las Vegas. We stayed here for the first night only in San Diego. It was choosen because I was able to book the night using SPG points. The staff was lovely, the rooms were roomy, and the had looks of amenities. Fridge and microwave would have been nice for the whole trip (next place only had a fridge). The location wasn't ideal for the places we were going, but I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Although we only stayed one night, we enjoyed the Sheraton facilities. Free WiFi (which is always appreciated); nice, clean rooms; a friendly bar; and a great outside venue for large events...what's not to like? I wish we had a couple more days to stay there…maybe next time!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Sheraton Four Points was an older hotel, characterized by low ceilings and a expected 70s style layout. We were told the SPG rooms were updated... They were, however with low quality pergo floors, low quality bath fixtures and a box-type air conditioner unit that sounded like a turbo-prop.

No special SPG benefits.

Would not stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MPCLDC
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

We sincerely apologize that your SPG status was not recognized during your stay. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood. Your review will be shared in our team meeting to ensure we are recognizing our most loyal guests. We are working on updating the hotel. We hope you choose to give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This review has nothing to do with the staff, I was wowed by everyone I spoke with. The service was great! This building is just simply awful.

My first room had paper thin walls and I could hear people on both sides of me over the buzz of the ancient cheap ac wall unit. I switched rooms. The next room had no neighbors but instead an even older ac unit that shook the whole room.

The rooms had decent furnishings and a stylish bathroom vanity, but that's about it. Oh, and this place had wall mounted shampoo and soap dispensers. Gross. Way to make me feel like I'm in a gross dorm.

This was a work trip at last minute and the only place with a decent price. Not sure I will touch a Four Points again...

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you were wowed by our team and quality of service! We are working on updating the hotel. We hope you give Four Points another opportunity in the future.