“Average”

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #216 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here recently because the location was close to my customer and I didn't want to fight traffic in the morning. The layout of this property is very odd. There is a cavernous hallway between rooms which is open from the first through the third floors, meaning that you're going to hear people coming and going with doors slamming all night. The room itself wasn't bad, not spotless, but kind of 'clean enough'. My biggest gripe about the room was that there was no air circulation whatsoever. It smells musty when you come in and the humidity from taking a shower just hangs there forever. The 'ventilation' knob on my AC unit was conveniently missing as well so that wasn't an option either. I also had a poor quality connection to the in-room wireless Internet which kept dropping. Next time I'm in town I plan to stay somewhere else and drive a little farther.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

For the umpteenth time, I stayed at this hotel, which is near a relative. This visit was a physically difficult occasion, packing boxes, moving them, etc. Arrived super-exhausted each night at the hotel.
The first thing I did was call the shuttle from the airport. What a friendly welcoming that was! Great staff, both he and his associate who drove me back.
My occasions at the restaurant (4x) were relaxed and great service provided by friendly people. Food was very good as well. Breakfast was quite extensive. This restaurant has really stepped up to a new level in the past few years!
Desk was friendly, room clean, but...the microwave didn't work properly to heat water for tea and when I finally tried to turn on the tv the final night, it didn't work. After 20 minutes of waiting for repair, called and cancelled for a hot shower and bed.
THE BED!! Never have I worked so hard, been so sore and awakened without soreness!! THE PILLOWS!! Do they give a massage while one's asleep? Am seriously considering going to the Sheraton Store to buy those pillows!!
Another thing! How can it be right next to the airport and I've only ever heard 1 plane? Talk about quiet! (One notable exception: one stay, the hotel was filled with youth soccer teams--that speaks for itself!)
While not inexpensive, it's definitely a hotel to place on your list.

Room Tip: Always ask for a quiet room! Most of them are, but with the several wings, there may be one less oc...
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I checked in later in the evening and got ready for bed - in the morning I noticed there was blood on the sheets - to say the least it was not from me. I requested the sheets to be changed. Later that afternoon had gone back to the room to rest before going out and pulled the comforter up over my legs and found old stains that appeared to be blood on the back side of the comforter. eww and yuck. Then the day after we checked out I realized I left my sweater in the closet and called to see if my daughter could come by and get it. Guess what - they said they did not find it. I am very disappointed in a hotel that calls themselves a Sheraton would have this type of service. I will not stay at this Sheraton ever again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Nettie M
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had a very comfortable stay here, good rooms and prompt service all 3 days. Loved the convenience of your car parked right outside the room. The location of the hotel was HUGE bonus. we were 15- 30 min. from seaworld, zoo, safari, gas lamp quarters (down - town), la jolla and coronado.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel room was okay. It wasn't great nor was it horrible. The strangeness of this hotel was the interior. The hallways look like this was an outside hotel (access the room from outside) and they enclosed the entire hotel so that you must enter the building. Besides the eerie feeling of the construction of the building, my first night was very uncomfortable. There was a strange noise that I assume was the plumbing or hvac system that I heard every five to ten minutes throughout the night and day. I was forced to change rooms for the remainder of my stay.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't choose this hotel again. It isn't bad for the cost, but again, the inside is just too weird.

1  Thank SKM_International
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I try not to be personal when I write these. I travel over 50% of the year and I see many differences in the hotels I stay at.the hotel itself is not bad as far as the condition of the room. They upgraded to current levels of other SFP the outsid elf the building is nasty along with the fact I have been flying into San Diego for years and have seen multiple hotel name changes here. I will not stay here ever again because of the lack of the front desk and how they handled me.
I made my reservation via phone while driving down from vista CA. 2 nights Wed and Thursday. I wake up this morning and see a bill.... They checked me out after only one night,So I called front desk they said no problem. Then I get a call 35 minutes later stating that I have to take it up with central reservations and that they have no rooms.

So after how this was handled and the fact that I am moving to another hotel( I don't even want to stay here anyway)
I will never stay at this location again.

Remember it is more about the way I was handled not the condition of the room or the other staff which was great

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven N
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego was an excellent Choice, Clean..Nothing was outdated inside or out. friendly staff eager to assist with finding things to do. Free parking, convenient location if your traveling to The San Diego Zoo. when I do decide to travel to San Diego California, I will definitely stay here again without a doubt. Why pay for an over price hotel and parking when you can get a descent rate per night plus free parking....Not to forget the friendly staff. Save your extra cash to enjoy San Diego. Happy travels

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple