“Better than we expected!”

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #210 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed one night on our way through SanDiego. I was a bit worried when I read all the reviews, but our family was pleasantly surprised the moment we walked in. The open feeling was so nice - I actually loved the railings and NO it didn't feel like a prison - it was very nice and spacious everywhere - much better than small long hallways of a typical hotel. When we checked in, the girl at the desk was pleasant and recommended a room away from the dining area to avoid the noise at night, which we appreciated. She did have a rather large tongue ring that we couldn't help noticing, but she was very friendly and helpful. When we entered the room it was large and spacious with 2 queens, a large desk and chair and a very big flat screen TV. The room was clean and decor very nice. The beds were very comfy - one of the best I've slept in! There was a fridge, microwave and we apprciated the camomile tea and complimentary water bottle. The bathroom was clean and spacious - tub shower was nice. Location was GREAT!! There were several oriental/Thai restraunts just down the road that were exceptional (Korea BBQ was amazing). Our boys loved the grounds - lots of lawn and trees. They had fun kicking the soccer ball and throwing the frisbee Pool was large and heated and the hottub was huge, though not as hot as other hottubs we've been in. Gym was open late - we went around 10:30 and all the basics were there for a nice workout We ran into a security guy on the way to the gym and he was very helpful and we felt very safe. Hotel was easy to find and in an excellent location. Check out wasn't until noon which gave us extra time to do a little laundry and pack at our convenience instead of being rushed
We would definately return again and highly recommend this hotel. By the way, I had bid on priceline for only $60 bucks! What a great deal!!!! So happy we stayed here

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SouthernUtahTraveler
neylabo, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Hi SouthernUtahTraveler,

Thank you so very much for the lovely review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

In addition, thank you for noticing the Four Points Comfort Bed, the spaciousness of the Hotel and all the great amenities the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego offer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton San Diego

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Made reservations through Priceline, so didn't know what to expect until I read disappointing reviews here, which dampened my enthusiasm for a quick getaway with my wife away from the kids.
Both of us were happily surprised with the room. With the exception of the popcorn ceiling, it was clean and modern, with very comfortable beds, no shortage of different-sized pillows, a handy end table on casters, good-sized flat-screen TV, generous-sized refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Fast, free wifi. Clean, well-lit bathroom with plenty of towels and the usual complimentary items.
Besides the pool, two other attractive outdoor lounging areas with comfortable furniture and palapas to enjoy sun or shade.
We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet ($14 @) which included excellent coffee and a chef making special order omelets.
Staff at the buffet and registration desk were all friendly and helpful. We asked for and got a room with a view of the pool. We were accommodated with a later checkout time of 3:00 which was greatly appreciated. An excellent and reasonably priced ($3.50 margaritas) mexican restaurant was recommended just down the street, Casa Machados.
A very good experience for both of us-- not luxury, but clean, comfortable, attractive and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Paul H,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego. It was nice to hear that the Hotel Staff exceeded your expectations. They work hard to make every guest feel special.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed over the weekend and wanted to share my own experience. I was little afraid to see what people had to say in this review but with my own experience, it was 50/50. Hotel itself wass beautiful and opened but i didn't like the fact that there were some kind of clubbing on the first floor. Club itself was very quite once the door was shut but it was hard to deal with all of the drunk people who came out of the club. They were Enjoying the mood very much and enough to make continuence noise at the hallways. Because of this reason, I strongly suggest parents with the kids do not want to stay at this place. Other than the noise, front desk receptionist were okay ( I only had to say hello and good bye) and the bed were okay for me(who has sciatica issue). I would say it was about 2.5 star hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a infant or toddler traveling with you, reconsider :)
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hi David L,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. I am glad you enjoyed the Hotel.

Please be assured that your comments about the noise issue have been passed onto the Hotel Management Staff to be corrected.

We thank you for staying and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

This hotel is about 10 minutes from Sharp hospital, which makes it convenient when you need to be close to the hospital, as I did. The hallways are really wide. The food in the restaurant was good. Having giving you the positives, it's time for the negatives. My family had 2 rooms--both smelled REALLY terrible, like old smoking rooms. The "golf course" is a rip off--they've stuck a few bad golf holes in the old landscaping around the property and then they charge to play. The lights were way too bright in the restaurant and bar, which had no style at all. Sheraton should tear it down or clean it up.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear granitedesk020,

Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us. I am glad you enjoyed the food in the restaurant and the location of the Hotel.

On the other hand, I do offer my apologies about your experience with your room. Our Hotel is 100% non-smoking. The restaurant and the Bar have been recently remodeled to create a warm welcoming feeling.

We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

This hotel provides what you'd expect from a value brand - free internet, decent free hot breakfast for SPG Gold, free bottled water, free parking and a decent location near multiple highways as well as Montgomery Field Airport. Rooms were pretty dirty, mine had bloodstains under the table as well as on a curtain, and this was a SPG "preferred" room. Service was ok, front desk was hit or miss, housekeeping as well. I'd stay again if I had business near the area and the pricing was half that of the other Starwood properties in the area, like it was during my most recent trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sting800

Dear Sting800,

Thank you for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego and for acknowledging the Hotel amenities, also for being a loyal Starwood member.
I do apologize for the inconvenience you went through at our hotel. Checking into a dirty room can leave a negative lasting impression. Rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the Hotel Management Staff to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

This was my worst hotel experience ever!!! Our first room was very dirty. Second one was a little better. The original fridge was not working. They brought a second one to the room. It broke a night after us being there. I had my dog's medicine, as well as groceries from the farmer's market in there, which all spoiled:( Also, there was VERY LOUD construction going on right outside our room. The worst part about it was the property manger, Paul Caldani. He was very unprofessional and did not care about my concerns at all. In fact, he said dogs are "STINKY" and that he does not want them to be allowed on the property for much longer. I took this as a personal insult to me. I have a spoiled, fancy English bulldog that I love very much. I give her baths frequently. In fact, she had a bath the day before she hit the road for a 3 night vacation. He also stated the fridge in the room is a "luxury", and guests should not rely on it to work. I've stayed at lower star hotels that have a fridge in the room and were SOOO much more delightful than this experience. Ughh, worst EVER!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lara S
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear Lara S,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I truly apologize for the construction noise you encountered during your stay, we are always dedicated to continually improving our facility. I understand there was confusion on our end, we do offer our apologies. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to guestrelations@fourpointssandiego.com.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I've stayed at 5 different hotels in San Diego in the last 12 months. Four Points was the best overall of all of them. It's the best room of all of them. Staff was nice. Pool was good. Parking free. The only bad thing was the restaurant, way to expensive. Of the other four hotels we didn't eat there either or if we did the price was to high. At least at Anthony's Fish Grotto, Little Italy and Old Town you got some atmosphere. Restaurant at the hotel is way down on importance for me. The next time I go to San Diego I will check them first. They where cheaper then Hotel circle and the area close'est to Sea World. You do need a car. Four of us went to the Zoo. One got tired and wanted to leave. We called the hotel and they sent there van to pick him up. Later they took him to a restaurant off property to eat.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you very much Johnnytee for the lovely review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in San Diego.