“Find Someplace else”

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #213 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 3, 2011

First tipoff that housekeeping was subpar was at check-in when we noticed that there was only one bar of soap. The next morning after showering we found out that there was no hair dryer, but one was sent up after we complained. As we were leaving for a day at the San Diego Zoo housekeeping was getting ready to go into the room next door to us, so I assumed our room would be next to be serviced. We spent the full day at the zoo and then went to the Gaslamp Quarter (had dinner at a great Irish Pub called The Field) and upon arriving back at the room we discovered that no one had been in the room to clean it. This was evidence as the room tip still there and all the dirty towels lying on the floor. We had to get new towels sent up and even then they did not give us a full set. I would only recoomend staying here if it were for only one night where the lack of housekeeping woud not matter. Also the hotel states they have free WIFI but it was almost impossible to get a signal.

Room Tip: Do not patronize for trips over one night.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Hi Johnboy81,

We offer our apologies for the Housekeeping experience you encountered. We have made some staffing change, and I am sure that this negligence from Housekeeping won't happen again.

We do have new routers to provide consistency in our FREE High Speed Internet Service, but please note that it is Wired in the guestrooms and Wireless in the Public Areas,

Thank you Johnboy81 and hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Hotel is one of those places you can stay if you cant find anything else. It is older and is in need of some redo. The staff was freindly and the place was just ok. They allow pets there, which I discovered one night when the neighbor dog started barking. The beds were comfortable and rooms did have free wi-fi, but it is really not near anywhere that would be walking distance. All in all, just a place to sleep, if you dont mind knowing that pet may have slept in your bed the night before.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for staying with us fromsocal and for recognizing our friendly staff.

We do provide Comp Wired High Speed Internet in the guestrooms and Comp Wireless in the Lobby, the Business Center and the Public Areas.

Although we are centrally located, we provide our guests a Free Shuttle to major local attractions (ie. Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Old Town, and to local shopping malls.

We also have special rooms assigned for guests with pets which we never use for other guests.

We thank you and hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed here because we had a voucher to play in their 9 hole (golf) the next morning. We thought mind as well just stay there so we don't have to go super early to get there. When we got there, their parking lot was almost full because there was a party event happening there.

We checked in around 10pm and our front desk person, Matt, was very nice and helpful and put us in a room reserved for SPG guest. Matt put us in a recently renovated so it didn't feel old to me. It was overall a spacious, clean room.

The part that I really didn't like was the fact that I could hear people next door as if they were in my room! It really scared me when in the morning, because I would hear the bathroom door opening or closing and footsteps. I thought it was my boyfriend but he was sleeping right next to me so I would jump to think someone was in our room. But then I just realized it was next door. It happened a couple times so I didn't get the most restful sleep.

I also had a buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant and it was not bad. The food was fresh overall, except the pre-made scrambled eggs...they looked really old. They do made-to-order fresh waffles or omelets so that made up for those old scrambled eggs. The staff was great and friendly as well.

Overall, I would have rate it 2 out of 5 but I thought the staff was definitely worth an extra point so that's why I rated it a 3 out of 5. I probably wouldn't recommend it though unless you have a reason to visit that hotel.

Room Tip: Join SPG and be placed in a SPG guest room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us Ciaocat and for using our Golf Course. Sorry to hear about your room...you were placed in a room with a connected door, and that explains the noise you were hearing.

We do appreciate your comments about our Front Desk Agent and the food in our restaurant.

We do hope you come back soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2011

I was helping my family look for a hotel by my apt and saw that this hotel was very closeby. I walked into the hotel and was surprised to see how nice the lobby looked. The outside looks like an old office building. I walked to the front desk and asked to see a room really quick just to get a feel for it. I was afraid of how the rooms might be since the reviews were so bad.
The agent refused me and told me to come back earlier in the day. I explained to him that I work during the day and couldn't come during the better times. He still said no and told me to come back around 2.

I will definitely have my family stay somewhere else since the front desk was so unwilling to help me

• Stayed: June 2011
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Hi,

Thank you Icebox888 for your comment and for considering our Hotel for your family.
After reading your review, I researched the situation and unfortunately, the guestrooms were not available at the time. I do understand your work hours and I do apologize for not being able to assist you, and not explaining the situation to you, but we would love to have your family stay with us. Please contact me and I will be glad to show you the rooms and the Hotel.

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Where do i start!!! First the check in with Bertha (WHO WAS EATING WHILE SHE WAS CHECKING ME IN while she was on a personal call ) She clearly did not know what she was doing, when rex came out to help he tried to balm me!! I travel for a living I know how it works. UGH If i was the owner of this hotel i would get ride of those TWO. Rex, you are so inconsiderate. Bertha, stop eating while checking someone in, and take you personal calls away from the front desk.. And to the Sheraton once you get ride of those two I be a return guest. Never will i stay at that Sheraton, HILTON rooms are much nicer, front desk is very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank thehotellady
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Thanks for staying with us Hotellady and sorry to hear about your experience.
We have made some staffing change and we, at Four Points, always like to provide the best service to our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 28, 2011

Stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego for two days during a business trip to UCSD in San Diego.

Arrived with car. Four Points by Sheraton San Diego have free parking. The staff in the reception was very friendly, and as a SPG Platinum member my room was updated from a standard room to a suite. The staff in the reception was also very helpful in recommending a good restaurant to have dinner in the area. As mentioned by other reviewers it's not walking distance to much, so you need a car to get around.

The room itself was ok, after my opinion, things were starting to look a little dated. Everything was however clean, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel has free high-speed Internet in all rooms, which is not something common in Sheraton hotels. The breakfast was also good.

Overall, the stay was very good. The staff at the hotel was friendly, and I have no problems recommending the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego to other business travelers!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank haakonks
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Hi HaakonKS,

Thank you very much for the lovely review, and for recognizing the Hotel staff friendliness.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Below Standard:
I made arrangements for my colleague to stay for 4 days. There was no internet for 24 hours. Internet was restored after 8 hours of escalations. Restored internet services did not last long. My colleague decided to move to another hotel on second day.

Even the business cente has only one computer which is low for the price they charge.

Unethical
Despite commitment from staff, refund was not processed. Mr. Rex, was rude to us by stating that he does not believe that we are telling the truth. He does not pick up our calls any more, and does not even bother to respond our mails espite having read them.

I am writing this review after getting convinced that the Mr. Rex and Four Points is not going to refund our money.

Summary: Pathetic staff have downgraded hotel of repute. Very sad.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Travelling_Piyush
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Thanks for staying with us Travelling_Piyush, and our apologies for the internet being down. Our Internet Firewall Provider was down and it was beyond our control. Your cancellation was processed, and your refund should be handled through the 3rd party booking site.

We hope to see you again.