“Had a nice stay.”

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
Ranked #216 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego for two days during a business trip to UCSD in San Diego.

Arrived with car. Four Points by Sheraton San Diego have free parking. The staff in the reception was very friendly, and as a SPG Platinum member my room was updated from a standard room to a suite. The staff in the reception was also very helpful in recommending a good restaurant to have dinner in the area. As mentioned by other reviewers it's not walking distance to much, so you need a car to get around.

The room itself was ok, after my opinion, things were starting to look a little dated. Everything was however clean, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel has free high-speed Internet in all rooms, which is not something common in Sheraton hotels. The breakfast was also good.

Overall, the stay was very good. The staff at the hotel was friendly, and I have no problems recommending the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego to other business travelers!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank haakonks
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Hi HaakonKS,

Thank you very much for the lovely review, and for recognizing the Hotel staff friendliness.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Below Standard:
I made arrangements for my colleague to stay for 4 days. There was no internet for 24 hours. Internet was restored after 8 hours of escalations. Restored internet services did not last long. My colleague decided to move to another hotel on second day.

Even the business cente has only one computer which is low for the price they charge.

Unethical
Despite commitment from staff, refund was not processed. Mr. Rex, was rude to us by stating that he does not believe that we are telling the truth. He does not pick up our calls any more, and does not even bother to respond our mails espite having read them.

I am writing this review after getting convinced that the Mr. Rex and Four Points is not going to refund our money.

Summary: Pathetic staff have downgraded hotel of repute. Very sad.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Travelling_Piyush
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Thanks for staying with us Travelling_Piyush, and our apologies for the internet being down. Our Internet Firewall Provider was down and it was beyond our control. Your cancellation was processed, and your refund should be handled through the 3rd party booking site.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Mr. Rex, manager of Four Points by Sheraton..... is the worst type of Hotel manager I have experienced. I was enticed to book this Hotel (Confirmation # C675027678 and Confirmation # C775028757 ) between 14-Mar-2011 to 18-Mar-2011. Their internet does not work and Mr. Rex and their staff Mr. Dennis made me look for 8 rooms in the Hotel for proper internet access. They also made me call up AT&T to book a complaint.... something which I feel is humiliating, as they DONT MANAGE their internet service providers well. Frustrated in the business trip, having lost 1 day of business, when I checked out early, Mr. Rex has till date (25-Mar-2011) not refunded me for cancelling by booking early for 2 days!!! THIS IS PURE CHEATING!!!! There was a long Queue in Business Center for guys looking for internet access. Their Printer remained "out of Order" for 2 nights that I stayed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sudripto
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Hi Sudripto,

Thank you for sharing your comment. Your review was really a concern to the Hotel Staff and me.

After reviewing with the staff, I found out that during your stay our Internet Firewall Provider was down, I am sorry that you were upset, and we do apologize, we did attend to the problem but we were told by the Internet provider that their system was down.

Your reservation was canceled but the refund should be done thru the 3rd party you booked your travel arrangements with. Please call me to discuss further.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

When we got to our hotel room my husband and I noticed an awful smell. The water from the cooler leaked to the carpet and the room reeked! we immediately called the front desk and asked to speak to a supervisor. We informed them of the smell and the best they could do was send a maid to spray the room for the night since they did not have any rooms available to change us to. My husband and I had to stay in the room with that awful smell for a whole night! I could not believe that they didn't have any rooms available with such a big hotel! Lets just say we will not be staying at any of the Sheraton Hotels again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maritza E
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Hi ritz0529,

Thank you for your comments and I do apologize that no other room was available for you that night.

We care about our guests, and we always strive to give the best service, we would like to have you back.

Please call or email me to discuss this further.

Reviewed January 27, 2011

This hotel was a bad experience from start to finish. I travel 80% of the time for work and frequently stay at Four Points, this is one to which I will never return. When I checked in, I requested an upgrade. I am Gold status, and I was told I was already in an upgraded SPG room, which turned out to be a flat-out lie. Then I found out several co-workers staying at the hotel, who were not SPG Gold and who checked in after I did, were given suites. Every time I interacted with the front desk staff, they acted as if they did not care and as if they had better things to do than help me. Then there was my room. Bathroom: dirty floor, clogged sink that despite repeated complaints was never fixed; beds: hard, uncomfortable, not enough pillows, and one pillow that smelled like body odor; decor: as outdated as it gets, dirty old carpet on the floor, broken tiles in the bath, not enough power outlets at the desk (only one.) And finally, this hotel does NOT have wireless internet, and they do NOT provide a cable for their wired service. And the wired service was slow and sporadic. There were a few highlights: the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves; room service was quick and the food was good; and breakfast staff were friendly and helpful. Why don't they have the restaurant staff teach the front desk staff how to treat customers???

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank FPepoon
neylabo, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2011

Hi FPepoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego. We do take all comments seriously and I do apologize for the bad experience you encountered. All of our SPG rooms were occupied, and you were assigned a Deluxe Room facing the pool. We do offer Complimentary High Speed Internet in all of the guestrooms, and we provide all of our guests with a cable for the wired service, Complimentary Wireless is available in our Business Center, Lobby and Public Areas. If you would like to discuss your experience with us, please send an email to neyla@fourpointssandiego.com, so we may address it with you directly.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

I got there not knowing what to expect. The first time at a Four Points and I will definitely try to stay more with them. Regular room with the basics and good appearance. Oh, free web, but not too sure if that was because of my status in Starwood. Bottom line, I would have wanted to stay more.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
neylabo, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Hi Chillinathtown,

I am very delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego. We appreciate your nice review.

We do offer Complimentary High Speed Internet to all of our guests as well as Complimentary Shuttle to and from the Airport. We value your presence and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 29, 2010

Stayed here for a work conference. The shuttle service to and from the airport is great and very reliable. The staff is friendly. It's fairly run of the mill but I was working in the day and going out at night so it didn't matter much to me. It's not walking distance to much so you need a car to get around. Luckily I had work friends there with cars. I was pleased enough that I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
neylabo, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Hi lmt_rlax,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego!

I am very happy to hear about your experience, would love to have you back.