“It was great!”

Ranked #136 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Detroit, Michigan
“It was great!”
Reviewed March 26, 2007

We booked through Hotwire for two nights, March 24-25. The hotel was very nice: clean, quiet(requested a room away from freeway), comfy beds, sheets and lots of pillows. Everything looked new. Smallish bathroom, but new and clean. I will definitely return to this hotel. Also, we expected to be charged for parking---but it was free.

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank steviemagid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We booked this hotel via Priceline back in the summer of 2005. We were assigned the worst room in the whole complex. The room itself was fairly run down. Nothing really to rave about this place.

Stayed August 2005
1 Thank msquare

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2007

As a Platinum Starwood member, I can tell you this place is a royal disappointment. I was upgraded to a suite on the club floor (sounds nice, yes, but read on). Upon checking in, the windows were filthy, a lamp didn't work, and there was black dirt all over the couch. The worst? The hotel faces a busy stretch of highway. If you are the slightest bit sensitive to noise or are a light sleeper, do not stay here. I can sleep through anything, but it felt like my bed had been wheeled out in the middle of Interstate 8 and I was sleeping out there. In a nutshell, this hotel needs a major cleaning job and soundproof windows. Pass it up and stay at the Westin downtown.

Stayed February 2007
Carolina, PR
Reviewed February 23, 2007

Was OK until I left it. I had a problem with the reservation charge and two weeks after I still have not got my money back... I have been more that responsible providing all the necessary information, but is something like politics... You chose them already... who matters what happens next. The communication between the hotel and me has not be the one that I am sure Sheraton owners are expecting from them.

Besides, it is a very noisy hotel, have to walk far to get something to eat, so you better rent a car. Do not forget to carry your own towel to the "fitness center" and a glass for the water... They sometimes forget to set it up...

The only thing I truly liked was the restauran and it variety menu.

Good luck...

Rafael Cruz

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank SilvesterPR
Oregon
Reviewed November 28, 2006

We arrived Thanksgiving Morning and inquired about their restaurant and getting a bite to eat. The desk clerk checked us in and pointed to the restaurant. We went to the restaurant and were told they were closed for the day but were serving a $30.00 buffet. No we could not get a cup of coffee, tea...
Our room was dirty. The carpets were dirty and the bathroom had mildew throughout. The next day we left early and returned at 5:00 p.m. to find the room had not been serviced. We requested housekkeeping service and were told they would be up at 6:30 pm. We left at 6:30pm and returned at 11:30pm to find housekeeping had not serviced our room. We called the front desk and complained. At midnight we had 3 housekeepers cleaning our room. I requested an adjustment on our bill for the poor service and was assured I would be called by the Manager. It has been 6 days and I have not heard from anyone from the Hotel. The Sheraton is Dirty and the service is VERY poor.

• Liked — Location. Mother lives 4 miles from Hotel
  • Disliked — Dirty and Poor Service
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Labdogs4me
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 22, 2006

Well, for starters, the room next door's toilet backed up into my bathtub in the middle of the night, so it was unusable the next morning and they didn't have a room for me to shower in (lovely!) They finally moved my room the next day and the room was the same... dirty carpet, the room had a strange odor, and it generally didn't seem clean. The breakfast buffet was HORRIBLE as if the food had been sitting out for hours. YUCK!

This is the WORST Sheraton I've ever stayed at...

• Stayed October 2006
Pasadena, California
Reviewed September 20, 2006

We went to San Diego for business/pleasure. My husband had a business meeting Saturday and the location was great for me to take my son out and go shopping. The location is perfect, close to everything. We had a very nice, clean room and were upgraded to the Club Level floor, because of my Starwood Membership. We had a very nice complimentary breakfast on Sunday, totally worth it, especially because I got a great deal on the room with some Starwood points. The following day we went to Sea World which was also minutes away. I read all of the negative review and did not find anything similar to what was written. It was a great hotel for the weekend. I always feel comfortable staying at a Sheraton.

• Liked — Definitely the location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Try and get on the Club Level, nice happy hour and breakfast