“exceeded expectations!”

Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel
Ranked #137 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on business and it was perfect. All the room have been renovated and they are really nice and clean. The bed was so comfortable I slept better here than I do at home. Great view, awesome staff and I loved the 90+ point wines they pour during happy hour when I would stroll in from my meetings. The staff was phenomenal too. Everywhere I was in this place they were genuine. It is close to restaurants and easy access to freeways. I will chose this hotel every time I'm in San Diego. I loved it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are renovated. Back side was quite overlooked the pool. Front side has views of shoppi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
David Y, General Manager at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the room and view. Our associates work hard to try and make your stay enjoyable. I am please to hear about how great they were. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I took my family here for a 3 night stay to see some of the great places in and around San Diego. We couldn't have had a better experience! When we checked in, the gal at the front desk told me that parking is $14/ day (which I was aware of after reading other reviews on trip advisor) but said she would comp it (just as a courtesy...what a wonderful surprise)! We requested a suite and the suite was very spacious, clean, and beautiful! The breakfast that was included with the suite was also very good! They served warm cookies and had wine tasting in the lobby every evening. They also had snacks and unlimited non alcoholic beverages in the club room in the evenings for those who were staying in suites. This was all such a pleasant surprise and made the stay so enjoyable. The exercise room had very nice, updated equipment too. All of the staff members were very friendly and accommodating. The only two downsides to this hotel was that the pool was freezing (not heated) when we were there at the end of March, and our suite was right next to the elevator so my husband and I heard the elevator all night long because we were sleeping on the pull out couch in the living room while our kids were in the bedroom. I'm sure we could've asked to be moved to a different room but by the time we realized the noise, we were already unpacked and it would've been more of a hassle to move at that point. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again if we come back to the area. Location was perfect as well...lots of restaurants, retail stores, etc. Overall, great place!

Room Tip: The suites are beautiful and well worth the extra money if you are traveling with children. Do not...
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! The front dest staff was phenomenal, especially Tom. They went way above and beyond to make sure my reservation was everything I asked for. My room was clean, comfortable, and had a lovely view. This hotel is close to shopping and great restaurants, as well as, centrally located for most of the tourist attractions in town (all within a 15 minute drive). My only complaint is that room service lost my breakfast order. After I called to inquire about my meal, they promptly sent up some food. Unfortunately, it was not what I ordered. What was great, was when I called to complain, the person in charge immediately took full responsibility and didn't charge me for the meal. Outside of that, everything went very well. I would definitely stay there again and would readily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Diego!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for a day during my stay in March 2013. The staff here is extremely courteous. The hotel is very easily accessible has ample parking. Parking is not free though, but they are packages that include parking. The rooms are very clean and modern. There are good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is at a good location, the staff was efficient and friendly, parking was complimentary.
My only (very minor) complaint would be with the housekeeping, they didn't replace the coffee pods nor the tea, nor the cups on a regular basis. Maybe it is because the coffee maker is inside a cabinet and they forget to check it when making the room but, never the less. Anyway, it is only a minor complaint and I would recommend this hotel anyhow.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
David Y, General Manager at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. I apologize for not having your amenities replenished on a daily basis. I will communicate this to our Housekeeping Department to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Booking confirmation means nothing to this hotel management. They told me & my wife to travel at 11pm in the night to a different hotel for our first night. Didn't do anything to go the extra mile and try to accommodate us since we had a confirmed reservation. The manager was unapologetic and didn't even want to come speak to me when I asked for the manager. The front desk receptionists were rude & very short tempered like I was wasting their time by speaking with them. This by far was the worst experience I have had with Sheraton or any other hotel in my life.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jemin A
David Y, General Manager at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of your experience with us. First off, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and invite you back to our hotel. Please call me directly so that we can further discuss this and make it right for you.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our recent stay at this hotel was excellent - the room was clean and stylish and the bed and bedding exceptionally comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient. A good deal - no complaints! Convienently located near CA I-8.

Room Tip: We chose a room at the back of the hotel, which was quiet and had a nice wooded view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing such a great review of our hotel. We appreciate all our guest feedback. We hope to have you back soon.