“Great Hotel!”

Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel
Ranked #137 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! The front dest staff was phenomenal, especially Tom. They went way above and beyond to make sure my reservation was everything I asked for. My room was clean, comfortable, and had a lovely view. This hotel is close to shopping and great restaurants, as well as, centrally located for most of the tourist attractions in town (all within a 15 minute drive). My only complaint is that room service lost my breakfast order. After I called to inquire about my meal, they promptly sent up some food. Unfortunately, it was not what I ordered. What was great, was when I called to complain, the person in charge immediately took full responsibility and didn't charge me for the meal. Outside of that, everything went very well. I would definitely stay there again and would readily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Diego!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for a day during my stay in March 2013. The staff here is extremely courteous. The hotel is very easily accessible has ample parking. Parking is not free though, but they are packages that include parking. The rooms are very clean and modern. There are good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is at a good location, the staff was efficient and friendly, parking was complimentary.
My only (very minor) complaint would be with the housekeeping, they didn't replace the coffee pods nor the tea, nor the cups on a regular basis. Maybe it is because the coffee maker is inside a cabinet and they forget to check it when making the room but, never the less. Anyway, it is only a minor complaint and I would recommend this hotel anyhow.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
David Y, General Manager at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. I apologize for not having your amenities replenished on a daily basis. I will communicate this to our Housekeeping Department to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Booking confirmation means nothing to this hotel management. They told me & my wife to travel at 11pm in the night to a different hotel for our first night. Didn't do anything to go the extra mile and try to accommodate us since we had a confirmed reservation. The manager was unapologetic and didn't even want to come speak to me when I asked for the manager. The front desk receptionists were rude & very short tempered like I was wasting their time by speaking with them. This by far was the worst experience I have had with Sheraton or any other hotel in my life.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jemin A
David Y, General Manager at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of your experience with us. First off, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and invite you back to our hotel. Please call me directly so that we can further discuss this and make it right for you.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our recent stay at this hotel was excellent - the room was clean and stylish and the bed and bedding exceptionally comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient. A good deal - no complaints! Convienently located near CA I-8.

Room Tip: We chose a room at the back of the hotel, which was quiet and had a nice wooded view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing such a great review of our hotel. We appreciate all our guest feedback. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here recently when on an week visit and found it to be immaculate, ornate, and very well trained staff. I checked in one day late due to a flight cancellation arriving just in time for my business appointment, was somewhat stressed and completely exhausted. Everything about how I was treated under these unique circumstances at the hotel speaks volumes about the atmosphere being a welcomed blend of professionalism and a human touch. The room was incredibly clean and very comfortable. Although I did not make use of the pool and fitness centre, both provided an ambience that makes visitors feel not only welcomed but included. The wine tasting social each evening and watching the lobby television with other guests and some staff added to that sense of being included into the community of Mission Valley rather than just being there on a visit. Great customer service, great location to the airport and most of all great people. Aaron, Antonette and Alexis in addition to the other members of the staff make this property stand out better than the others. The hotel is also close to entertainment, shopping and the Trolley line which gives guests lots of options of what to do once you are settled!

Room Tip: Choose the "sunny" side of the hotel, better views of the area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you staying with us and writing such a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear about your positive say and can’t wait to see you back!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Here's another bad review from a starwood member Ten bucks for Internet in a business hotel? So now i gotta catch flack from my boss for that nickle dime stupidity? Thanks very not for that. Worse, I had to call and ask how to get online because nothing in my key package or room said so. Thats very un-starwood. There was none of the usual room info in the room--no desk book Called front desk to get the book, gave room service as an example, and they instantly sent room service up with a menu. Poorly Xeroxed on office paper! To say nothing of the rest of the info in the book, such as where is the ice? Come to find out, front desk said that on the Starwood floor where i was, its at the end of the hall. But I already tried that. It was gone--water pipe exposed, but no ice machine. So I said there is none. She bright and cheerily sent me up or down one floor. Well, there was one on the next floor but it would not dispense ice. By the noise and heat, I'd say it was deceased. finally, I got done and flicked on the TV. badness. Pixelated, snow. Unusually long channel change delay. Very annoying. What good is friendly service when they are cluelessly shilling for abject lack? Overall, my faith in the brand has been damaged. There's a Hilton a stone's throw from here. I'm there next time--Starwood points notwithstanding.

• Stayed: March 2013