WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #235 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Kaukauna, Wisconsin, United States
“Old and smelly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

This room was part of an Expedia vacation package and I was immediately disappointed when we pulled into the hotel. First off, it's more like a motel with all room entrances to the outside, and I didn't feel so safe there after finding the night clerk window being heavy glass with just a tray to slide under. The desk clerk was not friendly and i had to ring the buzzer 3 times before he finally came from wherever he was. The room smelled old and it just was not what I had in mind for a vacation. It was more affordable than nicer hotels but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dan K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Mission Valley Qualcomm Stadium/ SDSU, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay, we want all our guests' to feel safe when staying with us. We will make sure to address our staff about customer satisfaction and hope in the future we see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My only problem i had with the staff, is that i forgot my cooking pot in the room after check out so i called the office to try and get it back. The man i spoke to told me to call back the next day because the maids were off of work. I called the next day, the same man told me to call back in 15 minutes because he was going to ask the maids if they found my pot. I called 2 hrs later and the same man tells me to call back after 3. I stared to get very upset because i gave him 2 hrs before calling back and still with no help. I told him i wanted to speak to a manager because i felt like i wasnt getting any where with him. He told me the manager dosent come in until later in the day. I called back the next day to see if they found my pot, which finally after 3 days of calling them, he said they have it, and in order for me to get it back i need to send them a pre paid box so they can mail it to me, which is fine. The following day i called the hotel again because the mailing people needed the weight and dimensions of the pot, i called the hotel again and another man answered, he said he had my pot, so i told him i need the dimensions on it so i can send the box. He told me to call back in an hr and he'll have the dimensions for me. I was infuriated, does it seriously take an hour to measure a cooking pot!!!!! I feel that those people absolutely did NOT do their best to try and help me and im pissed off.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

At Days Inn our guests' are our top priority and are sorry you had to experience so many phone calls and issues with getting your cooking pot returned to you. We will make sure we talk to staff and let them know how to handle situations like this in the future; we hope you choose us at Days Inn again for any future hotel needs.
Tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The rooms were dirty, infested with ants, & the electrical outlet in the kitchen was falling out of the wall which creates hazard. I had to get a new room because of the ants & was given a new room...which also had ants & was also smoking...I requested non smoking & had to get a 3rd room. I left a note & complained at checkout but there was no manager on site. I checked out Sunday morning...it's Tuesday evening...I'm still waiting for a call or a refund of some sort. I would not recommend or stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We at Days Inn would like to thank you for being a Wyndham Rewards member and choosing our location for your traveling needs. We take all our guests' comments and concerns seriously and will make sure everything is addressed in a timely manner so future guests' do not have these issues.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels