New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Mission Valley Qualcomm Stadium/ SDSU

Days Inn Mission Valley Qualcomm Stadium/ SDSU
Ranked #236 of 283 Hotels in San Diego
Las Vegas
“My only problem i had with the staff, is that i forgot my...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My only problem i had with the staff, is that i forgot my cooking pot in the room after check out so i called the office to try and get it back. The man i spoke to told me to call back the next day because the maids were off of work. I called the next day, the same man told me to call back in 15 minutes because he was going to ask the maids if they found my pot. I called 2 hrs later and the same man tells me to call back after 3. I stared to get very upset because i gave him 2 hrs before calling back and still with no help. I told him i wanted to speak to a manager because i felt like i wasnt getting any where with him. He told me the manager dosent come in until later in the day. I called back the next day to see if they found my pot, which finally after 3 days of calling them, he said they have it, and in order for me to get it back i need to send them a pre paid box so they can mail it to me, which is fine. The following day i called the hotel again because the mailing people needed the weight and dimensions of the pot, i called the hotel again and another man answered, he said he had my pot, so i told him i need the dimensions on it so i can send the box. He told me to call back in an hr and he'll have the dimensions for me. I was infuriated, does it seriously take an hour to measure a cooking pot!!!!! I feel that those people absolutely did NOT do their best to try and help me and im pissed off.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dan K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Mission Valley Qualcomm Stadium/ SDSU, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
At Days Inn our guests' are our top priority and are sorry you had to experience so many phone calls and issues with getting your cooking pot returned to you. We will make sure we talk to staff and let them know how to handle situations like this in the future; we hope you choose us at Days Inn again for any future hotel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The rooms were dirty, infested with ants, & the electrical outlet in the kitchen was falling out of the wall which creates hazard. I had to get a new room because of the ants & was given a new room...which also had ants & was also smoking...I requested non smoking & had to get a 3rd room. I left a note & complained at checkout but there was no manager on site. I checked out Sunday morning...it's Tuesday evening...I'm still waiting for a call or a refund of some sort. I would not recommend or stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We at Days Inn would like to thank you for being a Wyndham Rewards member and choosing our location for your traveling needs. We take all our guests' comments and concerns seriously and will make sure everything is addressed in a timely manner so future guests' do not have these issues.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Phoenix
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel is pretty old. Sheets are nasty. Bed/bed springs are pretty old. Its next to brand new condos, so it looks out of place. If you plan on spending 90% of your day outside...good idea. Be so tired that when you goto bed, you won't remember what you laid down in. Had to switch rooms once I arrived as well due to non working utilities. The free parking was nice unlike most hotels in SD where you get screwed every time you park...usually 12-20 bucks a night extra.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We are pleased to hear our free parking was an added bonus and that our staff did everything they could to accommodate you when utilities were not working properly in your room. We are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your stay but hope in the future you choose our Days Inn for your traveling needs again.