“Very good value for money”

Days Inn Mission Valley Qualcomm Stadium/ SDSU
Ranked #229 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Portland, Oregon
“Very good value for money”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I often visit San Diego as I take guest lecture at SDSU, this place is very close to SDSU and offers extended stay. Rooms are clean and they have the full kitchen in the room, so it is very convenient for the person like me, who like to cook his own meal. Plus it is close to many attractions. Staff was very friendly. Over all I would say it is good value for your money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tucson,AZ
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel several times. It is nothing special but nor is it horrible. We have stayed here for 3 years in a row and while it does provide a nice little kitchenette with a full size fridge there are no utensils provided at all. That does make it sorta useless unless you travel with pots and pans and really not many people do. There is a grocery store within a miles distance but not much in the way of food without driving a mile or two.

It is clean, fairly quiet and the staff is always helpful. Check in and checkout is never a hassle. The continental breakfast is pretty skimpy. Almost seems like day old baked goods.

Overall if you are looking for a place to rest your head while visiting Sea World or some of the other things San Diego has to offer this place is a good deal.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank QuixotikalOne
Bend
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed here for 3 weeks for training. The only thing this place has going for is the location. They offer kitchens but don't expect to find a fork or a cooking utensil, the cabinets are empty. There's 4 laundry machines but none of them work. Little time later the vending machines ate my money. My mattress in my room should of been thrown out 5 years ago. Asked the maid which room has better bedding and she said there all the same. To get to the closest restaurant walking it's about a 20 minute walk up the hill. At least they had a real fitness room with weights to take out my frustration!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Denver
Reviewed November 13, 2011

For me, the location turned out to be perfect. As I arrived , the place looked decent. It was clean. I had a king bed , with a kitchenette. A two burner stove with a full size fridge, and a dishwasher. The dishwasher wasn't connected to the countertop like it should be, so a person would have to be carefull not to dump out the contents of the washer, or have it flip out from underneath the counter. Other than that the room was great. Cheesy furniture. Fourty somthing flat screen tv. Wireless internet that worked well. I used the exercise rooma couple of times. The seat on the bicycle was about to fall off, it had not been repaired by the time I left. Ex room could have used a freestanding fan. Because I was there for a week, I got a great rate!!! I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: any floor facing the pool
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Liked the fact that it had a mini kitchen on it, very close to freeways, however,no customer service. We were two minutes late for breakfast (because no one informed us about their hours) and we were not allowed to eat there. It is good for the price, just any questions you may have ask them directly.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Parrakorg
Elmira, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed in room for three nights and discovered a horrible ant infestation that covered the area above the window, stretched down to the walls around the bed. When I approached the front desk, they said no one was there to help, but that I could use a spray. I sprayed the room, and returned to find ants on the bed. I requested a new room, which was given, but when I awoke the next morning I discovered some unwelcomed guests on my person... bed bugs. The hotel employees were unhelpful and rather indifferent to the issue. When trying to get a refund, the hotel charged me, not refunded, two days and I had to talk to the manager on the phone and go back to the hotel and speak with the front desk on several different occassions (I'm still waiting for the refund). I was told I couldn't have a full refund because it was an isolated incident, but that my medical bills would be taken care of (medical bills?!). And, of course, I run the risk of carrying the pests with me as I travel back to my home state. Also, this hotel is not in Mission Valley, and is approximately 10 to 15 minutes away (by car) to said valley. There is nothing around the hotel in regards to entertainment. The staff was, as stated, indifferent to just about everything. This hotel was terrible on a volley of levels.

Room Tip: Go 15 minutes down the highway to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank NpsEnSoi
Temecula, California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Famous travel site offers this locale under a promotion that doesn't tell you the exact site until after it is booked. They probably should not go this basic if they want to keep site users happy.
This is a 3 story Motel; all rooms open to the outside. Parking is mostly under the building with a small, slow elevator. Our room is clean but dated and includes a small kitchen area; frig, stovetop and micro. The lobby looks like a converted garage. The pool area is nice and includes a spa big enough for a dozen people.
It is convient to freeways that take you to all San Diego attractions.
$70 per night does not seem like a deal for this establishment.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple