“Worst Customer Service”

Days Inn Mission Valley Qualcomm Stadium/ SDSU
Ranked #227 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 11, 2011

i just stayed here 4 nights. The front office staff including the manager Paresh Patel were rude and uncaring, the opposite of customer service in fact. When I asked why the complimentary breakfast was late (it was 7:20AM and it was supposed to be out at 7AM) the Genl Manager was rude and didn't give a crap, telling me "it's complimentary" when I told him it was not OK for the breakfast to be late like it was so nice of him to do that, I shouldn't complain when it's late?? He apologized in a tone of antagonism and when I told him I didn't believe his apology he said "I take it back then". This is the general manager! The check in guy was rude as well, just not friendly. The rooms are larger than normal, but there's no utensils or cups or anything at all in the kitchen. The place needs work, easy enough things to fix, just looks run down, and a bit shabby. I won't stay there again, mostly because of the attitude of the staff there, as the other things could have been overlooked if the staff were friendly and the manager was truly apologetic about the breakfast being late.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LisaLash21
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Mission Valley Qualcomm Stadium/ SDSU

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have stayed in several Days Inn properties and this one has to be on the list as THE WORST! Picked this place on Travelocity. Should have read more reviews.
Rooms are big but in need of updating. The beds are awful!
I've had better breakfast choices at a gas station.

It's right next to a very busy freeway and the windows aren't insulated.

AVOID THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Look for some place else.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tony M
Reviewed February 20, 2011

After reading 30 negative views I was more than apprehensive as I had booked a pay now deal no refunds, and was half expecting to be going elsewhere after we arrived. We had no problems , the staff were very helpful and courteous, and for the price we paid we were very happy. Its not the Ritz ! I did not pay Ritz prices. I got a decent Hotel in the San Diego district. Kitchenette but bring your own utensils, pool and free parking with video surveillance, all at great rates, what more can you ask for at this price. Also in the reviews I noticed comments on rude staff. NONSENSE, the staff only seem to be negative to high maintenance customers, who in my opinion should go to the Ritz and pay Ritz Prices, and leave us budget minded customers to enjoy our stay without having to listen to any of their rantings in the lobby. I would happily return.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HARTLEPUDLIAN_8
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Had a great stay at this motel with one exception, although a in-between concern was the toilet that had some flushing problems due to water pressure or something. Other than that we had a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Hotel was old and dirty!

I left a shirt in the closet and called the next morning and they said it wasn't there and was never checked into lost and found. (so one of the maids took it right?) Called 5 times...they kept saying call back and they will call us...finally after 4 days of calling the manager yelled at me and said if it's gone it's gone and he's not responsible. That he would call if it was found. 20 minutes later he called and "found it" but said he would not mail it...if I want it to go get it myself!! If I lived close enough to go get it I would not have been staying at the hotel!!

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcardenas
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I was staying there for 3 nights, Hotel has nice big rooms with small Kitchenates.
I love their Pool area and Jacquzie we have enjoyed all 3 nights with breakfast in the morning . I thought that I paid such a small amount may be we will get a tiny room but when i saw the room i was surprised its a comfortable room with full size refrigrator and microwave. Staff was really helpfull and rooms were clean.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2010

OH MY GOD! First of all, when you drive into this "Inn", it looks like a cheap motel. The parking area is poorly laid out and non-hotel guests are clearly taking up most spots (they don't ask for car info upon check in... we could have parked five cars and no one would have noticed). When you walk to your room, the concrete looks worn and the walls are not clean. When you get in, the room looks nice enough but oh no... the lighting is terrible, the shower is too short (and I am only 5'5"), and the hair dryer was a rusted fire-hazard. On the shower thing again, my head was about two inches taller than the shower (see photos for this). Ah, and there was no shampoo or soap when we came in. We had to go request it.

When it came time for the continental breakfast, there were only sweet pastries, waffles, sugary cereals available. There was nothing without sugar (wait, there was plain, cheap looking toast). No bagels, no hard boiled eggs, and no healthy cereal options. The juice was out of a metal machine which gives only watered down orange juice. Next, the milk. The containers to keep the milk cold were uncovered (they were in metal, insulated containers as are seen in coffee shops). Yes, uncovered so not insulated and open to the elements. Their fridge was available for anyone to get into and there were 6 gallons of milk, all expiring tomorrow (Saturday). Hmm... I wonder what milk they will be serving on Monday? The elevators are too small, clunky, loud, and slow. The one cart available for luggage is filthy and falling apart. Oh and the coffee was just awful tasting.

Lastly, while my colleagues were out at meetings I decided to at least lounge by the pool to relax (after spending the night stressed about the disgusting hotel and morning unfulfilled by a terrible breakfast) until meeting for lunch. No such luck. They have a worker painting around the edges of the un-drained pool.

Oh and if you have an iPad, don't bother trying to connect to their wifi. Their login system will only freeze safari and it never connects. I was able to connect using my MacBook Pro and I am currently on their network, writing this review.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business