All reviewsbalboa parktime sharewalk in closetshell vacationsliving roomtimeshare propertyfull kitchenhillcrest neighborhoodstreet parkingslow elevatorsmall kitchenceiling fanvalet parkingdining tablekitchen areastayed two nightsclose to downtown
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Across the street from Balboa Park. May have a slight odor of grandma's house since it was built in 1928 but they have an special machine to deodorize the room so just keep the widows open and the fan going. Very modern kitchen and bathroom and excellent bed. All staff is friendly and waiting to help you with whatever. They have a view roof that is refreshing day or night. Valet parking is available. A 7-11 store is across the street for incidentals.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side may have less street noise and they have a few rooms with a sit down balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank devnprt1
Reviewed August 15, 2017

This place is lovely. We had a big and very nicely furnished room on the 4th floor. It actually looks much nicer in person then in the pictures I saw online. Everything is pretty new. We also had a small kitchen which we didn't really use but having a fridge is nice especially in the summer. Parking in the neighborhood was easy and you can save yourself the $15/day valet charge. Fortunately we didn't get bothered by any timeshare sales pitches, I would have not known about it had I not read the reviews of other visitors. So don't let that deter you rom staying here. Only downside was the elevator, which was broken one day and everybody had to use the service elevator (it got a bit crowded in there)... Great place to stay though in a very nice neighborhood. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cocolie
Reviewed August 2, 2017

I stayed at this hotel July 23 2017 -- July 30 2017 we had a studio on the 5th floor room 506 it was great and perfect for my daught and I . The staff was great and it was super clean and large too. The area was great near Balboa Park with lots to do. I purchase a Go City Pass for 3 days from tripadvisor and it paid for itself on the first day no waiting on lines and everyone was great when using the Pass I do recommend Go City Pass. I walk to many restaurants the food was great and so was the service and staff.

Room Tip: Room 506 was perfect and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank bmiranda
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

I go there once a year as a birthday trip for myself to stay on the beach and recharge. The Concierge is amazing, she knew so many great places to go. The location is ideal for anything. The valet is very funny and friendly. Everyone is very helpful. The accommodations are gorgeous. The wall colors, the kitchen, the tile, the bed and the the bathroom are all very well designed. Love it there. The neighborhood is wonderful. ❤️

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Denessa W
Reviewed July 24, 2017

I booked and PAID FOR an upcoming trip to Inn at the Park. I phoned the property directly and was quoted a room rate of $268.20 including tax, for 2 nights in September. I was then given a number to book the reservation. I called the number. I thought I was speaking to the Inn at the Park but was instead it was a third party res center, (reservationcounter.com) who charged the entire amount to my credit card ($350.49) immediately... $82.29 more than what I was told by the hotel. When I contacted reservationcounter.com, they would not honor the original rate quoted by the hotel. Reservationcounter.com representative was rude and uncooperative. The only solution offered was to cancel the reservation. The hotel is now entirely booked. If I canceled, I may not be able to get a reservation and even if I did, the rate may still not be the $268.20 quoted. I do not like being ripped off. Who does?

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Rica C
Tracy M, Owner Care at Inn at the Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear Rica,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding our experience. As the resort does not have the ability to book a reservation, all calls are directed to central reservations. Only central reservations has the ability to quote prices and confirm the reservation. All non-owner rentals are booked through our Extra Holidays department and I am unclear on what took you to the 3rd party reservationcounter.com. I am sorry if this issue affected your vacation and do hope you have a better experience in the future.