“Beautiful redo to an old grand dame”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at the Park

Inn at the Park
Ranked #106 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roslyn, Washington
“Beautiful redo to an old grand dame”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed here on the first night of our SoCal vacation. It was purchased by Shell Vacations and is going through a major remodel. When you arrive to the lobby you are greeted by amazingly attentive and friendly staff. Daniel and Fredrick were incredibly welcoming to us. The hotel is stilling being worked on but they are not working on the guest floors as far as we could tell. The room we had was 602 a corner unit over looking Balboa Park with a complete kitchen. The room was wonderfully remodeled and the bed was great. Being close to Balboa park and the restaurants is outstanding.

Note to staff: need to install another shower holder higher on the wall so that one can have a shower.

Room Tip: Room 602 is ADD compliant.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff O, Front Office Manager at Inn at the Park, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you Roslyn for taking the time to share your feedback. The Guest Service department will be glad to hear that some of us made a memorable impression. I thank you for staying with us during the renovation, as the transition of remodeling is not always ideal. Thank you for your feedback and please visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Battle Creek, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great, safe location. The best part for me was the decor and size of the room. Beautifully modern and gorgeous! Such attention to detail. And huge - basically a studio apartment. It included a very large closet, dining area, small kitchen and a very long couch.

Our room was closest to the check-in lobby area unfortunately and we could hear a lot of noise through our paper thin door of people hanging out and walking past our door. We could also hear a woman doing laps in her heels in the bathroom above us. I'm pretty sensitive to noise, so that was annoying. Luckily my ear plugs solved the problem at night.

The gentleman who checked us in was wonderful and the continental breakfast was great! Definitely check that out because the view at the top of the hotel is incredible!

Room Tip: Far from the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank heyemilie
Thank you for choosing Inn at the Park for your time in San Diego. I am sorry to hear that our lobby noise levels reached your hotel room. Recent holidays and weekend happy hours have been attracting greater numbers to our hotel and restaurants. On your next visit, I would like to arrange your suite personally, so as to make your time here an undoubtedly memorable experience. I thank you for your feed back and look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wonderfully comfortable room, great breakfast, amazing staff - some true gems! The bar downstairs is a great place to unwind with some great entertainment - Jersey will take good care of you! Valet parking is cheap, the whole hotel is very stylishly remodeled.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jeff O, Front Office Manager at Inn at the Park, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
I’m pleased to hear that Inn at the Park surprised you in such a favorable way. We especially take pride in the ever-growing popularity of our employees. The genuine service standards of Shell hospitality have been fundamental in creating an experience for members and guests to remember. We aim only to better our brand of service, thereby offering you an experience unmatched in San Diego. We look forward to your next arrival.
Hilo, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great location next to Balboa Park, staff was great. WIFI needs lots of work, could never get it to work in my room. we were in room 105 first floor. i would ask for a room on a higher floor. they don't have sound proof windows so you hear everything at street level. rooms are great. the top of the hotel views are very nice. would come back again.

1 Thank andyinflag
Jeff O, Front Office Manager at Inn at the Park, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting San Diego. The wireless Internet you mentioned is fortunately in the process of undergoing a complete upgrade. In the mean time, we include wireless Internet access with all room reservations, throughout the lobby, first floor foyer and outside courtyard. While higher floors still gain access to the network, we anticipate the system upgrade’s arrival before alleging to offer seamless connectivity. Your next visit will be sure to see all possible wireless connectivity needs met, as Inn at the Park continues to innovate in the world of hospitality.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

First, the hotel staff was excellent, my room 611 was bigger than I expected and nicely decorated. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to others. My only suggestions to the hotel management would be:

When I got off the elevator on the 6th floor the odor of a musky mildew smell made me question my stay at the hotel, with that said. As soon as I entered my room (odorless) I was pleased with the size and amenities it offered.

The front desk staff warned me of the Internet problems, such as dropped connections, no connections, and SLOW connection speed. I used my cellular service to deal with that problem.

The mattres was too firm for my liking, but that justs my preference.

I would stay there again and recommend.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank imnot1099
Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m pleased to hear your suite earned your approval overall, and happily report that our wireless Internet connectivity is undergoing a complete upgrade. Inn at the Park has capitalized upon the luxuries of state of the art amenities. I sincerely thank you for referring us to friends and family, as we would be glad to serve you and yours in the near future.
Pico Rivera, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We found out that the place we were planning on staying was full, so they recommended Inn at the Park. We got there mid-afternoon, and Rob gave us a beautiful suite on the top floor (with a beautiful view), had a living room, dining/kitchen area, and bedroom. The breakfast was a very nice continental one, altho guests could order a hot meal. The historic decor was beautiful! And we loved being close to Balboa Park. Nice place to stay!

2 Thank Tami A
Tami, I am pleased to hear that your first visit to Inn at the Park was a memorable one. I thank you for recognizing Rob, as the guest service team will be delighted to hear of yet another success. As you noticed, we pride ourselves in offering the same genuine service to both spur of the moment walk ins, as well as long standing reservations. The restaurant you enjoyed is a favorite among locals and guests, as the sunrise views or nightly entertainment offered only grow in popularity. We look forward to serving you in the near future and thank you again for your feed back.
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel many times before - mainly for the location and large rooms. We were very pleasantly surprised when we stayed there again for one night in Jan 2013 prior to picking up a cruise. The rooms have been redone - same wonderful mattress on the beds thank goodness! - so comfortable! Bathrooms all redone with a nice walk in shower with glass doors. A nice touch was a shade over the front room's 2 windows that had a scene of ancient cars on it. A touch of a button raised the shade to reveal the windows - very nice! New furniture and appointments. We had the studio which is very large and comfortable.

Room Tip: If there are only 2 of you, the studio rooms are more than adequate - very large and roomy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Walter F
Walter, I thank you for your continued loyalty to Inn at the Park. Responses like yours have been vital in the success of our recent renovations. Your approval of the overall transformation, as well as the lesser noticeable details, only further our efforts to perfect the finest details of your experience. I thank you for your feedback and look forward to your next visit.