2,080 results
All reviews economy room pacific highway transit center hard boiled eggs dvd player continental breakfast sea world make your own waffles trolley station heated pool family suite within walking distance waffle maker clean rooms great place to stay queen bed nice breakfast
Reviewed October 26, 2008

My Fiance and I stayed here. I was concerned because our room was alongside a main road but the noise was not an issue. Our room was nice. The pool was nice and the staff were good also. Breakfast was adequete (cereals, toast and pastries). We were given amenity kits when we checked in and the quality of the products was good. I used the laundrey and it was hassle free (and better value than other places we stayed). The location was also handy to Seaworld and the City. We had a car but there is a train station nearby. This was a good palce, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dudekarma
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Even my husband made the comment out of the blue that if we ever go back to San Diego we should get the same hotel. We loved the hotel and the staff. Breakfast was good, the pool was nice and warm. Close to everything we wanted to visit. We had a blast!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank micheleinohio
Reviewed October 21, 2008

We stayed 5 days after our Mexican Riviera Cruise. We booked based on reviews on this website and the price.

We stayed in a room that had 2 queen size beds, separate wash basin and granite counter outside bathroom that had its own wash basin and shower/tub.
The corner unit room on the 3rd floor was clean and large.
No refrigerator. All room doors face an outside corridor.

The Inn is on Pacific Highway but I didn't hear much noise. It is also situated in a commercial/industrial area. The area is quiet at night but did not feel uncomfortable walking in the area at night.

I started looking for rooms in May but didn't book room until September. Because I didn't book early enough I originally couldn't get 5 consecutive nights in the same room. My initial booking ended up with us having to move 3 times. The staff was courteous enough to phone me the next day (without me requesting) to inform me they had a room available for 5 straight nights. Paid approximately $100 per night with AAA discount.

Standard continental breakfast with 2 waffle makers, bread, bagels, fruit cocktail, cereals, orange juice, coffee, tea, etc.

The front counter staff was friendly and helpful.
The front counter had discount tickets on sale for some of the attractions. For example, an adult zoo ticket for $30.00.
They also provided complimentary toiletries such as toothpaste should you run out.

The only complaints I have are the following:
1)internet access on the free computer was slow (minor detail)
2)you can't book through the internet even though they have a website. However, there is a toll free number. Once you told the staff what your requirements were, they would email you back to confirm your reservation. The response time was quick.

Old Town Inn's location was central for our needs given that the transportation hub that was approximately 300 yards away (across the street and commuter parking lot). The bus and trolley system takes you to all the tourist sites - Gaslamp district, downtown, beaches, La Jolla, zoo, SeaWorld, Fashion Valley and Mission shopping malls, etc. including the border next to Tiajuana. The outlet mall Las Americas is also next to the border less than 1/2 mile from the last trolley bus stop at the border.

The Old Town tourist site is on the other side of the transportation hub approximately 200 yards away.

Waiting time for regular buses was usually less than 10 minutes (daytime). Trolley bus waiting time was less.

HINT: Buy a day pass good for the trolley and bus. One day adult pass is $5.00, 2 day is $9.00, 3 day is $12.00 and 4 day is $15.00. You can buy the pass at any kiosk /terminal or at the convenience store at the transportation hub.

Restaurants
We ate at the Coyote Cafe and Old Town Mexican Cafe in Old Town. Restaurants are next to each other. Food was good.

Little Italy Restaurant - Filippi's. Restaurant entrance is through the deli. (3 trolley stops from Old Town). Good food at a fair price. Always crowded. Go early or late to avoid lineups.

Gaslamp District - Sloppy Joey's - pizza and pasta. Food was okay.

Phil's BBQ on Sports Arena Boulevard - good food - chicken, beef and pork ribs, etc. Less than 1.5 miles from Old Town Inn

Other Info:
Taxi cab from cruise terminal to Old Town Inn - approx. $14.00 before tip.
Cab to airport approx. the same price - $14.00 before tip
Some of the Balboa Park museums had free admission on Tuesdays.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bottomshelfhockey
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Overall great stay here. The location is excellent, 2 minutes walk from the Old Town trolley / bus station and they offer free parking if you have a car.

The first room we stayed in did have a slightly strange smell (think it was the cleaning products mentioned in the review below). We were only booked in for one night originally but extended our stay by another 5 nights and moved to a different room after the first night (as our original room was booked after that night) which did not have the smell at all. The rooms are extremely clean and well maintained and there was a fridge and microwave in the room. There are also wasing machines / tumble driers on site.

The pool area is nicely kept and the water in the pool was warm. The front desk is well organised - they have pre-printed driving / walking / bus / trolley directions to all the major sites in San Diego as well as local places such as nearest convenience store / atm / petrol station.

The best thing about this place however is the staff. Everyone on the front desk was friendly and really went out of their way to help us with directions and suggestions for places to go / see / eat at which really improved our stay so thanks to everyone there - would definately stay here again if I return to San Diego.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave12345
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Old Town Inn, San Diego California
Joann Esser, Contact Person
Our Navy Reunion group stayed at this little quaint and beautifully keep hotel for a full seven days. The staff at the hotel was excellent in every way. They were very helpful with directions, purchasing tickets and just general information. Everyone was os nice and willing to help.

We also appreciated the use of the breakfast room for a meeting point and a little get together which accomodated everyone nicely.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to San Diego. The access Old Town and all the trolly's, AMTRAK, and City Bus tours is very convient and within walking distance.

The Hotel itself was in excellent condition and everything was keep very clean. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were excellent to work with. Anna Flores, Front Desk Manager was very efficient, polite and friendly.

Stayed: September 2008