“Outstanding Manager Robin And Hotel”
Review of Ocean Park Inn

Ocean Park Inn
Ranked #32 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed November 7, 2005

Thanks Ocean Park Inn!! KUDOS to the manager Robin! I had just about 400 questions about the area and places etc... and if she did not know the answer she called around or asked until she got it for me! I came to San Diego from Pittsburgh PA for the Steelers vs. the Charges Monday night game. I arrived late and the hotel, "Hilton", by the stadium that I had reservations with gave my room away. The taxi driver suggested I check hotels in other places as they were all full because of the game by the stadium. I ended up at OPI. The rooms where great, the views, for a single guy, at the beach were a, number, one and the breafast was great! I will stay there any time I visit San Diego!

• Stayed: October 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Ocean Park Inn

Des Moines, IA
Reviewed November 3, 2005

The Ocean Park Inn has been the perfect vacation spot for us for a few years now. Rooms are nice (and being redone), the staff is ultra-friendly, free (but cramped) underground parking, free WiFi, easy access to the freeways and stores, in-room microwave and refrigerator, nice pool and hot tub, decent free breakfast, and everything is immaculate. But the best part is the location——just steps from the boardwalk and beach. We've walked down there early in the morning and late at night as well as spending the afternoons playing in the sea and sand. Enough activity during the day to be interesting but all is quiet by 10 p.m. The beach patrol keeps the riff raff away. Second and third floor rooms are best——a great view and if you leave the balcony door open you can go to sleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean. We'll be back!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 1, 2005

I had my second stay at the Ocean Park Inn the last few days of August. I was again very pleased with the service. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast is plentiful. The ocean front rooms are awesome (especially on 3rd floor). The rooms are clean with all the furnishings and supplies I needed. I'm picky. For an ocean front hotel in San Diego, I will again stay at the Ocean Park Inn. Love this place.

10  Thank investorfan
Reviewed August 29, 2005

OK I don't know why people are complaining about this hotel, but it was awsome.. My girlfriend loved it so much that we are going back. There were other hotels in the area that are way more expensive but why pay that much when you can spend your money on other things in San Diego.

4  Thank rockinraffi
Reviewed August 14, 2005

We booked our stay in late June after reading the Trip Advisor reviews. I specifically asked if there would be any construction because that seemed to be the main complaint. The reservationist said there would not be any construction during our stay in August. The week before our trip I called the hotel again to upgrade our room and could hear loud fighting and yelling in the background. I figured it was an unhappy guest and made a comment to the reservationist but she assured me it was nothing. I should have cancelled right then. Our family of four arrived at the Ocean Park Inn last week to find major consturction going on directly in front on the hotel on the life guard station. Our peaceful beach vacation that we were paying extremely high prices for ($275 per night) was not going to happen at this location. The hotel was very old and dirty, in a very rough part of town, and looks nothing like the tropical pictures posted on their website. We went in and looked at the room we had reserved (a suite) and it was dirty, small and musty. We told the clerk that we were not going to stay because of the constuction work they had assured us was not going on and she said there wes nothing she could do but to call tomorrow when her manager was there. We left and found a beautiful beach front hotel for less a couple of miles north in La Jolla. We called the manager, Al, the next morning and he was a rude, unreasonable, angry man who wouldn't even listen to our complaint but yelled, called us liers and charged our credit card for the amount of our room. We tried to not let it wreck our vacation and are now trying to contest the charges. We travel often and have never experienced anything so horrible. Please take our recommendations and do not even consider this hotel or you too will be very sorry.

12  Thank SLWilliams
Reviewed August 7, 2005

Do not be deceived into staying at the Ocean Park Inn. This is a dingy, old, musty hotel. Our bathroom was dirty when we checked in and had to be cleaned again. I then went to the lobby bathroom and it too was dirty. The staff is rude and unhelpful. We checked out early. The owners of this hotel are so cheap! They do nothing to improve the facility and would not even give me a newspaper on my last day. They wanted me to pay 50 cents since I was checking out. Unbelievable!

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank Janet846
Michigan
Reviewed July 13, 2005

Dear Fellow Travelers -

I would strongly advise you against staying at the Ocean Park Inn. This is the worst hotel we have ever been to. For starters, as soon as we arrived in the neighborhood, we were greeted to the sight of a slew of police officers hand-cuffing and arresting a group of teens. A few short blocks later, we arrived at the Ocean Park Inn. It did not look like the website photographs (please the candid photos that we have posted). The staff at the Ocean Park Inn was a couple of teenagers who were not trained on the finer arts of customer service. When we finally managed to squeeze into the small underground parking lot (small in size, and small parking spots), we arrived to our first floor room with a horrendous view of tall metal fences with shredded pieces of fabric attached (not the ocean as promised). Since we arrived late, we did not have much choice, but to stay one night at the hotel. As we tried to get some sleep, we were awoken by construction next door. We tried to speak to the hotel management, and they were not helpful. We promptly checked out and were able to find much better hotel accommodations. (Recommend hotels in La Jolla or Coronado - Hotel Del Coronado is fantastic).

• Stayed: July 2005