Ocean Park Inn
  • Restaurant
$232
$259
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$283
$231
  • Restaurant
$151
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$217
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$690
$499
Fairmont.com
1,091 results
All reviewsocean frontlifeguard stationunderground parkingpartial view roomcontinental breakfastcrystal pierpool and hot tubhomeless peopleperfect locationwithin walking distancebeach towelshear the wavesboogie boardsyogurthard boiled eggsthird floorwaffle maker
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Stayed in family room with 5 friends. Beautiful views from balcony. Great pool and the hotel is as close to the beach as you can get! The staff in the hotel were really friendly and helped us out alot. Great hotel, great location.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2009

This hotel was a huge disappointment. We spent over $250./night for an outdated,timeworn room. Sure it looked at the water but the room was so dingy we left the curtains and window open to cheer it up and take the staleness out of the carpets.(torn and stained carpets) The bathrooms are as worn and outdated as the rooms.The refrigerator didn't work and the hallway carpets had vomit stains and smelled like they hadn't been shampooed in years! The only plusses are that the beds were comfortable and the housekeeping crew kept the hotel clean. The front desk crew are a nice group of 20-yr. olds. They seemed apolegetic for the rooms but what could they do, they only work there. DO NOT book a room through Orbitz or Expedia for this hotel! They will give you a sub-standard room ,on the ground floor, facing a wall! The manager said she had to use those rooms because she has to give Orbitz 30%. She charged me an additional $60/night to get something decent and then told me I was getting a deal! I will not ever recommend this hotel to friend or enemy! I just want to qualify my complaints by saying I am a savvy traveller. I have had the opportunity to travel a lot. I know when I'm getting ripped off!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank SeattleTravellrs
Reviewed February 26, 2009

We booked the Ocean Park Inn after a lot of research and were very pleased with our visit. The hotel is located in a prime beachfront location. We requested and received a third floor ocean view room. Our room was very clean and spacious, with an excellent view of the boardwalk and beach. The hotel overall was well-kept and the staff was very courteous. The complementary breakfast was nothing special, but it was adequate.

Some helpful things to know:

1. Request an ocean view room - especially if you want quiet. The back side of the hotel faces a lively night spot - the Firehouse. The music was loud, but the fish tacos and the rooftop dining were wonderful!

2. We booked our reservation directly on the Hotel's website. They offered an online promotion that beat any other rate we could find.

3. Parking is $10 per night and very tight. Not a problem at this time of year, but could be difficult in a busier season.

3. There is a very nice grocery across the street and many good restaurants in easy walking distance.

4. Coronado, Balboa Park, and the Gaslamp District are all well worth a visit. We only wish we'd had more time!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcollision
Reviewed February 25, 2009

This is a really great place to stay if you'd like to have an ocean view balcony right off the boardwalk.
I stayed with 2 friends for a weekend getaway and we enjoyed our stay.
The hotel staff was very helpful and actually took extra time to give us local information and good spots the locals like to go too.
We booked a balcony room and it was one with the direct view of the ocean...fabulous!!! We were able to enjoy the sound of the waves and see the beautiful sunsets.
The hotel has a deluxe free breakfast and it was actually quite tasty. There is fresh fruit a waffle maker and many other breakfast goodies. They also have 24hr coffee and juices at no charge in the lobby as well as a coffeemaker in the rooms.
Overall the hotel stay was very enjoyable the room was clean and in a great location. The hotel is a bit dated but not enough to change my option of our stay. The one thing I will say that was a bit of a problem is the parking. There is a $10.00 a day charge and the parking garage is rather tight and if you are there during high season it may be difficult to get a spot. The parking is ONLY for the guest so there should be enough for everyone but some of the cars were parked in 2 spaces so it was tight. Oh yes, and they have an outside hottub and great pool.

We would stay again and really enjoyed the hotel, breakfast, hottub, pool and espeicallly the location!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2moretravelers
Reviewed February 23, 2009

This is the perfect place to stay if you love the ocean, cool people and are into a laid back atmosphere.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The location was great. Right on the beach, literally, right on the beach. Get the ocean view room, its so worth it. We sat on our private terrace and watched the surf roll in every morning.

Great resturants close by, the Firehouse, wonderful fish tacos! If you want a hearty breakfast you have to check out Kona's, a short walk from the hotel. It's super inexpensive but extremely good! People were lined up out the door to order.

I suggest renting a car if you're flying in. The folks from Enterprise Rentals are great. They came to the hotel and picked us up. Very helpful.

I just can't say enough good things about the Ocean Park Inn and the staff. For the price you can't beat it! A special THANK YOU to Patrick, the guy who checked us in. You rock!

Do yourself a favor and stay at the Ocean Park Inn. You'll love it, I know we did!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple