Ocean Park Inn
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Orbitz.com
1,091 results
All reviewsocean frontlifeguard stationunderground parkingpartial view roomcontinental breakfastcrystal pierpool and hot tubhomeless peopleperfect locationwithin walking distancebeach towelshear the wavesboogie boardsyogurthard boiled eggsthird floorwaffle maker
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights and had chosen it because of the location and reviews here. We were not disappointed. I can't add much except to endorse the many positive comments already made and to give a special mention to Patrick on the front desk who was always welcoming, interested and informative throughout our stay. If we have a minor criticism, the bathroom is looking a bit dated and could do with a refresh but this did not detratct form the overall quality of our stay. Noise was not a problem although we were there at a quieter time of year. We would recommend and definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 313 is not an ocean front room and therefore cheaper but still has a full ocean view to the front
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mat R, Front Office Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for the positive recommendation! We are truly thrilled that your stay with us lived up to its expectations. Our guest service agents work very hard to add that personal touch to each guest's stay, so we're happy to hear Patrick was able to do that for you. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Perhaps it was the location of our room, but the night club located right next to the hotel brought in a very loud rock band that played until 1:30 in the morning which unfortunately kept us up until then. We were in the 1 bedroom partial ocean view suite - and management told us if we had an oceanfront room we most likely would not have heard the noise from the night club. But their 1 bedroom suites are not ocean-front which therefore meant we were closer to the club next door. The hotel staff was very apologetic for our experience with the loud noise and we agree the night club next door to them is completely out of their control, but we would have appreciated the warning of what kind of night to expect at the time of making our reservation, especially since we are paying good money for our stay. Future guests should definitely be made aware of the Friday and Saturday night live music that will be loud and therefore they should consider that when making their reservation as to whether this hotel is right for them and/or be sure to get a room as far away as possible from the night club.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the night club!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Mat R, Front Office Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

To begin, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. Feedback like yours is extremely valuable to us, as our only goal is to provide a fun, relaxing vacation in San Diego!

To directly respond to your comment: You did not receive any noise warning regarding the restaurant nearby because the restaurant noise has not been an issue for quite some time. In the last year or so, we have successfully created an open dialogue with their management in addition to implementing multiple procedures to ensure noise levels stay at acceptable levels. Further, we have installed sound-reducing windows in the areas of the hotel directly affected. We have been able to cut our noise complaints to almost nil. Upon receiving your complaint, we again met with them and the situation has been rectified.

On behalf of both our property and the restaurant, I apologize for the inconvenience. We do hope you were able to enjoy the rest of the weekend you spent in Pacific Beach. Thank you again!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Ocean Park Inn many times over the years. This time my wife and I chose to spend our 10th anniversary there because we love the location, the hotel, and the great staff. The hotel is right on the beach and within walking distance to everything you need, restaurants, grocery store, pharmacy, all types of shopping, etc.
Our stay was fantastic, as was the weather, and we can't wait to return for another stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary to you both! We are thrilled you decided to spend such a monumental occasion with us on the beach! Thank you for being such loyal guests over the years, and we look forward to seeing you again - maybe for anniversary eleven!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at Ocean Park Inn while in San Diego for work, and at first booked because of the location- I was looking forward to being near the beach, and most of my co-workers live in La Jolla. Being right on the beach was fantastic, and the hotel is walking distance to everything- from good restaurants (check out Taco Tuesdays at Fat Fish or World Famous for a nice dinner) as well as bars (I didn't go to any, but there are a ton in the area) and I loved the little market area along the boardwalk that had San Diego memoriabilia. I was looking for a place where I could relax after work and found it in this hotel- while the rooms are a bit dated, the beds are comfy, the tv had tons of channels (something I took for granted until a recent stay in a different city), and the balcony had a table and two chairs that was just perfect for taking in the ocean breeze. The AC unit is a little noisy, so during the day I would leave it on high so I could turn it off at night. Sleeping with the balcony door open is nice too- it was cool at night while I was there. The staff was beyond helpful- they provided me with coupons to various restaurants and were great in helping me with directions. One staff member in particular went above and beyond what was required of him. Sachin worked the night shift and is honestly the reason that I would return- I travel frequently for my job and have to say that his hospitality is the best I have ever received- I find that hotel staffs are usually polite, but don't go that extra mile. From giving me not just silverware when my to-go food didn't have any but also extra packets of salt/pepper/red pepper flakes (he was so thoughtful), to trying to fix my suitcase handle which broke (and even calling my room to ask if I would like maintenance to look at it), to letting me use a bottle opener and refusing to take it back (it's now part of my travel bag!) and even carrying my suitcase to my room when I decided last minute to stay at OPI again after staying in LA for two days (my train had unexpected problems and was delayed 2.5 hours so I got there very late and was exhausted-he could tell and was so accommodating). I'll travel to San Diego twice a year going forward and plan on making OPI my go-to hotel.

Room Tip: Firehouse Restaurant turns into a rooftop bar at night and can be a little noisy- I stayed in room 314 for the first leg of my trip and never noticed it, but it may be a little noisy if your room is close to it. 314 overlooks the pool area and has a nice view of the ocean. For the second part of my trip I stayed in a room on the second floor that was directly oceanfront. While that room was nice, I preferred the first room due to the activity on the boardwalk (joggers, bikers, etc).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

First we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with such fantastic feedback! We are so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and have created a returning customer out of you!

Sachin, and the rest of the staff, are quite pleased they could make a difference during your time with us here in Pacific Beach. We believe in hiring staff members that not only believe in high efficiency and solid customer service, but also those who truly, naturally enjoy making our guests' vacations as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible. We are all thrilled to know this meant the difference for you.

I strongly encourage you to become a friend with us on Facebook for hotel news and specials! Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there three nights and We Only have positive things to say about the Hotel. It is nice located, value for Money and clean and with mid sized rooms. We were upgraded to partial sea view at arrival by a really frindly guy called Patrick. In General the staff were really friendly and helpfull. As We stayed there during thanksgiving the staff had made a list of open restaurants in the nabourhood. The friendly staff made ud feel Welcome, thanks for that.
The pool is heated and open until 10. Breakfast is freshly made waffles, bread, cereal and fruits. The coffee is a bit thin however. Parking is possible at a fee.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for the review! We are elated to hear you enjoyed your time with us over the holiday. For next time, I would recommend signing up for our monthly newsletter to receive special returning guest specials! Thanks again.