“Perfect anniversary-would highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Park Inn

Ocean Park Inn
Ranked #29 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Rocklin
“Perfect anniversary-would highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Ocean Park Inn many times over the years. This time my wife and I chose to spend our 10th anniversary there because we love the location, the hotel, and the great staff. The hotel is right on the beach and within walking distance to everything you need, restaurants, grocery store, pharmacy, all types of shopping, etc.
Our stay was fantastic, as was the weather, and we can't wait to return for another stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mat R, Front Office Manager at Ocean Park Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Happy Anniversary to you both! We are thrilled you decided to spend such a monumental occasion with us on the beach! Thank you for being such loyal guests over the years, and we look forward to seeing you again - maybe for anniversary eleven!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at Ocean Park Inn while in San Diego for work, and at first booked because of the location- I was looking forward to being near the beach, and most of my co-workers live in La Jolla. Being right on the beach was fantastic, and the hotel is walking distance to everything- from good restaurants (check out Taco Tuesdays at Fat Fish or World Famous for a nice dinner) as well as bars (I didn't go to any, but there are a ton in the area) and I loved the little market area along the boardwalk that had San Diego memoriabilia. I was looking for a place where I could relax after work and found it in this hotel- while the rooms are a bit dated, the beds are comfy, the tv had tons of channels (something I took for granted until a recent stay in a different city), and the balcony had a table and two chairs that was just perfect for taking in the ocean breeze. The AC unit is a little noisy, so during the day I would leave it on high so I could turn it off at night. Sleeping with the balcony door open is nice too- it was cool at night while I was there. The staff was beyond helpful- they provided me with coupons to various restaurants and were great in helping me with directions. One staff member in particular went above and beyond what was required of him. Sachin worked the night shift and is honestly the reason that I would return- I travel frequently for my job and have to say that his hospitality is the best I have ever received- I find that hotel staffs are usually polite, but don't go that extra mile. From giving me not just silverware when my to-go food didn't have any but also extra packets of salt/pepper/red pepper flakes (he was so thoughtful), to trying to fix my suitcase handle which broke (and even calling my room to ask if I would like maintenance to look at it), to letting me use a bottle opener and refusing to take it back (it's now part of my travel bag!) and even carrying my suitcase to my room when I decided last minute to stay at OPI again after staying in LA for two days (my train had unexpected problems and was delayed 2.5 hours so I got there very late and was exhausted-he could tell and was so accommodating). I'll travel to San Diego twice a year going forward and plan on making OPI my go-to hotel.

Room Tip: Firehouse Restaurant turns into a rooftop bar at night and can be a little noisy- I stayed in room 3...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with such fantastic feedback! We are so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and have created a returning customer out of you!

Sachin, and the rest of the staff, are quite pleased they could make a difference during your time with us here in Pacific Beach. We believe in hiring staff members that not only believe in high efficiency and solid customer service, but also those who truly, naturally enjoy making our guests' vacations as relaxing and as enjoyable as possible. We are all thrilled to know this meant the difference for you.

I strongly encourage you to become a friend with us on Facebook for hotel news and specials! Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there three nights and We Only have positive things to say about the Hotel. It is nice located, value for Money and clean and with mid sized rooms. We were upgraded to partial sea view at arrival by a really frindly guy called Patrick. In General the staff were really friendly and helpfull. As We stayed there during thanksgiving the staff had made a list of open restaurants in the nabourhood. The friendly staff made ud feel Welcome, thanks for that.
The pool is heated and open until 10. Breakfast is freshly made waffles, bread, cereal and fruits. The coffee is a bit thin however. Parking is possible at a fee.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review! We are elated to hear you enjoyed your time with us over the holiday. For next time, I would recommend signing up for our monthly newsletter to receive special returning guest specials! Thanks again.
Granada Hills, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had a weekend getaway at a fantastic hotel. I checked in late and was very tired from the drive, originally only booking a King Suite. But the staff there bumped me up to an ocean front room for free, just to make sure my girlfriend and I would get a quiet room and some rest. Really appreciate the service and room! Would definitely recommend!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We're very happy to hear you enjoyed our accommodations Mark! Thank you for the compliments and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Perfect location if you plan on walking everywhere. Hotel is next to everything, stores, restaurants, bars, clubs, nightlife, and it's right on the beach. Just your basic clean room. Friendly staff. If you plan on going out and being outside a majority of your stay, this place is perfect. Decent waves if u want to surf 2.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review! We're glad you took advantage of the location, as it truly could not get any better. For next time, we're also very centrally located in San Diego county just short drives from Sea World, the airport, Gaslamp Quarter, and the San Diego Zoo! Thanks again, we hope to see you soon.
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in October, 2012 as part of a group of 19. The whole group enjoyed the hotel - it was very clean and in an awesome location. We were happy that we could walk to so many restaurants and wake up next to the beach each morning. The complementary breakfast was great and very convenient when you have a large group.

The front desk manager, Mat, was wonderful to deal with during the booking process. During our stay, Mat and the rest of the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They provided assistance with getting cabs, directions, and restaurant reservations.

Our room was always cleaned well and we were never inconvenienced by having had to wait for our room to be cleaned.

The hotel is great value for your money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Krista, it was an absolute pleasure having you and your entire group stay with us! We all thank you very much for the kind words, compliments, and taking the time to write us a review. As soon as you're ready to visit San Diego again, do not hesitate to get a hold of us! See you again.
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Park Inn as a weekend getaway for our one year anniversary. We had an oceanfront room on the second floor and couldn't have been happier with the location. We sat out on our balcony with a cup of coffee in the morning and glass of wine at night, just listening to the waves crashing on the shore. There's lots to do with bars, restaurants, and shops all within walking distance. Every morning we went for a walk over to Woody's Breakfast and Burgers and had a great breakfast right on the boardwalk

• 5 of 5 bubbles
All of us at the Ocean Park Inn would like to say Happy Anniversary! We're thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time here at the beach for your special celebration. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and we hope to see you again - same time next year!