See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 2, 2019 via mobile

I was glad to see night security roaming the area. And quite pleased to not pay an extra parking fee and there was always a place to park near my room. The coffee was ready in the morning in the lobby and a nice coffee maker in the room as well. Lots of travel brochures and a beautiful mountain across the road. And probably the best rates found in the hotel circle area.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Diego Hotel Circle- Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Dear Mkenney,

Thank you for taking time to share your review with us. We love hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

Well...the front desk lady was quite nice after that it was all downhill with stained sheets no coffee maker not a picture on the wall, it had an eerie feeling about it and judging by the people staggering around outside that didn't help the case I would suggest spending a little more and finding something else in the area there is lots around and not the riverleaf I place is full of bed bugs!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank PatrickS7397
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Diego Hotel Circle- Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2018

Dear Patrick, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2018

I can't remember the room number anymore but it's right next to the Housekeeping storage area. All day and even into the evening every time the door closed my headboard shook. It felt like thunder and the noise sounded like they slammed the door. I know the hotel knows because I kept opening my door and when I looked at them, they apologized. At check out I mentioned this and all I got was "I'm sorry". I told them they should go spend an hour in that room to fully understand the problem.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank imisslincecum
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Diego Hotel Circle- Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

We stayed Oct 23rd there no problems just like the numerous times in the last 11 years,my son has 9 specialist at Rady children's hospital so this motel has literally been a second home through the years.Our return visit after surgery was Oct 30th so we booked the 29th of Oct.When we arrived we noticed my husband had lost his current DL probably during our hospital stay a few days prior.I had my DL and explained my husband had a old DL and had lost his but we had just stayed a few days ago.We were told (go find another place to stay boss)we tryed to tell them our son is sick and we drive 6 hrs to get to sandiego we dnt want to have to go search for a room,but they had no compassion at all..11 yrs of being a customer meant nothing..ronald McDonald houses were full..finally motel 6 north gave us a room and told us they felt bad for how we were treated after all those years..so very disappointed..Sandi Moya

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank OnAir49676193910
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Diego Hotel Circle- Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2018

Dear Sandi, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred with regard to your reservations issues. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

This place is kept up. It's location is great. Parking is bad. Smelled old. AC worked great. Heard pipes from neighbor shower. Did I say how bad the parking is. Once you park the vehicle next to is so close you can't get out.

Date of stay: July 2018