“Needs Upgrading”

Mission Valley Resort
Ranked #244 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I came to this motel because the one I was in was only able to give me a two-night's stay. Since THIS hotel stated that it was/is a resort, I figured it was what I was looking for. The price was nice, but I'd have rather spent more for a cleaner, more up-to-date room. This hotel is more of just a motel type of place. I could not sleep because I felt like I might get bugs. It wasn't dirty, but it didn't seem clean either. The staff was nice, but that's just about as positive as I can get.

Room Tip: By the pool on the bottom seems best, as there are some strange looking people hanging around on the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 4myvinny
There are newer reviews for Mission Valley Resort

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a few weeks ago and this is by far the dirtiest hotel I have stayed in. It has stained walls and dusty dirty light fixtures. Would not stay here again. The people at the front desk were nice but it can't excuse a filthy room.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel had to change our first room because someone had drawn obscene pictures on the bathroom door. Things we did not want our grandkids to see, should they visit us. The carpet was extremely filthy. And builders saw fit to have the bathroom door open and hit the toilet bowl, so the door would hit your feet and knees if someone in the room opened the door. I'm sorry to say each of our rooms was like that. I think the lounge chairs by the pool had never seen a washing. And the Jacuzzi water was murky, hummmm. The only good thing about this hotel is the location, there is a restaurant immediately next door and parking is free. It has easy freeway access.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms if appearance is the criteria
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dakota m
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I had a great experience here last week. The guy at the front desk, Sean, was new but VERY helpful and nice. My room was poolside and in the 400 wing, I believe those rooms are newer and it is great to be right by the pool and hot tub. Our room was clean and nice. Nothing too fancy. At one point I called for towels and immediately received clean fresh warm towels right to my door. I will definitely be staying here again, such a convenient location also!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel is clearly old, that's all. The rooms were clean. That's the most important thing. The rooms are small and the TV was fuzzy. My family laughed and found other things to do. How much time do you really want to spend in your room anyway! We were at the Beach all the time! We had problems with our door lock, they had to replace the entire card reader. The staff was nice and quick. The main pool was nice and warm. This place is great for a family on a budget.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is disgusting, everything is out of date, dilapidated, and dirty. We couldn't get clean towels for 3 days. The front desk is incompetent, and lie to cover their own screw ups. Will never give this place my business again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank lola1966
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in in San Diego! Don't be fooled by the name, this is a horrible hotel that is way over priced. You are better off at a Motel 6 over this place. The room was a non smoking room and it still smelled horrible. We only stayed a few hours and we left.

Stayed: August 2014