“back to basic,s”

Ranked #242 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“back to basic,s”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

this place was tired and run down,,,,the place would be okay for travelling student,s.....all i can say good about it were the daily cleaners were polite and helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...OH I HAD PROBLEMS AT TIMES GETTING IN TO MY ROOM AS THE KEY CARD WOULD FAIL TO UNLOCK

Room Tip: check out the room before hand
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Charles H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The rooms look nothing like they do online. I had to get my rooms changes due to the fact that my phone in the room was broken and one of the lamps buzzing and blinking like crazy. Our new room had one light bulb completely off and the beds had hair in the sheets. The toilet also had short hairs on the seat. The rooms have a funky smell and the customer service is pretty bad too. The girl at the front desk hung up on me when I spoke to her and I had to go look for the person who was supposed to bring us our new room keys myself due since they took forever to bring them to us... Super sketchy... This place.is disgusting. . I would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank jayleeb
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have travelled California for the last two weeks. I have stayed in hotels and motels near the highroads from Los Angeles to Chula Vista, and it was a very nice hotel i have found. Nice rooms, nice service, nice people! Great restaurant, food is very nice!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
North Hollywood
Reviewed May 5, 2013

All the staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is the best it can be. Nani was fantastic at the front desk and if she wasn't there Monica was every bit as wonderful. The rooms are modest but well maintained and competitively priced. Will stay here again next time we come
Be sure to try the restaurant, food was great.

Beth. L

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manitou Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've been traveling an average of two times/month for over 20 years for my business. I am always on a budget, and don't like to spend a lot of money on hotels. For the money, this is the best value of any hotel I have ever stayed, bar none. I sometimes bring my kids (ages 5 and 7), and they absolutely love it. I've probably stayed here 10 times in the last couple of years.

There is:

free wifi (not super fast, but acceptable)
an excellent restaurant (and the room service is the same price, with a 15% delivery charge)
a large, well-equipped gym
shuffleboard courts
a great pool/jacuzzi
super friendly and accommodating staff
the rooms are unique (including a variety of suites)
in-room coffee makers (suites have a small kitchen, microwave and fridge)

True, it's an older property. The TVs are small. But my room has always been clean, and the bed comfortable (which is what I care about the most).

If you can afford to spend $200/night on a hotel, don't stay here..there are many nicer options. But if you're looking for an older "resort-style" property for the price of Motel 6, this place is a great bet!

Room Tip: the suites are much bigger, and only a little more money...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

For the whole 2 nights and 3 days I stayed there, there were dirty dishes outside my room that never got cleaned up no matter how many times we asked. Asked for towels at 10pm, got them at 12:30am. My room was a smoke free room, when I walked in that's all I can smell. Then we found a cigarette box on the counter. My friends next door to our room, got 2 whole luggage bags stolen. The bathroom wall was peeling. There was a hole on the sheets from some kind of burn, and the next day, they hole was still there. House keeping didn't even change the sheets. Terrible place

• Stayed April 2013
Mazatlan, Mexico
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is not a 'resort', however, it is indeed a nice place. Come with realistic expectations and you will not be disappointed. The grounds are lovely, our room is GREAT - very spacious with a vaulted ceiling and a private balcony overlooking the courtyard. There is a table and chairs out there. The staff - from the folks at the front desk, to the bartender in the lounge, are all very nice and personable. It is a great location close to the freeway, malls and dining. The only negative thing I have to say is that the walls are paper thin and the internet service is extremely SLOW. However, it's free and I guess you get what you pay for. But all things considered, we are VERY pleased with this place and will absolutely stay here again when in San Diego.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room toward the back of the property. It will be away from the freeway and comes...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple