“NOT a Resort!”

Ranked #242 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
California, USA
“NOT a Resort!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

unless you take the shuffle board court and the 7/11 type shop in consideration.
Some rooms are being remodeled (cheap so). Ours had ceiling water damage fixed (2nd floor)
all tiles in the very small bathroom are lacking replacement.
We got a room for $49 so leave your shoes and socks on and save some Cash.
"Motel 6 type hotel, 2 story with several buildings, 2 pools (one was closed)" Leave the heater/Air on to not have to listen to the traffic 24/7. MeuterMedia

Room Tip: rooms in the back away from traffic noice and Bus and Truck parking.
1 Thank MeuterMedia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Lagrange
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This review is only for The Valley Tavern Pub. I did not stay in the hotel, I stayed in another hotel on the strip. A friend of mine and myself went to The Valley Tavern Pub for dinner one night, and I was surprised that the food prices were actually decent, most restaurants in the area over-charge for the food.

The thing that impressed me the most at this pub was the bartender. I do not know his name, but he was a middle-aged Hispanic gentleman. When we got to the restaurant, there was only one other family there. He gave me a beer that came from the bottom of the keg, so he went to switch kegs and gave me another one on the house. By the time he got a new keg, the bar was completely full and there were more people there at the tables. The gentleman was the only one there working, so he had to keep everyone happy at the bar and take orders for the kitchen. He was extremely friendly and had to practically run to keep everyone happy. I hope they paid him double, or give him a raise in the near future. Next time I am in the area I will definitely come back to The Valley Tavern Pub.

1 Thank jajohns9
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm a frequent guest of the Mission Valley Resort while traveling to San Diego on business. I also stayed over the holiday season with my family - great for kids. Every visit I'm constantly impressed with the attention and care I receive from their entire staff - from the front desk attendants to their maid service and particularly the manager Brad Vogel. Whether your coming on business or pleasure they've got it all. From the onsite restaurant/room service, newly remodeled gym & pool/jacuzzi. If you're looking for great value & service in excellent proximity to everything San Diego has to offer -- this is your hotel!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What really makes a difference on a trip and the stay are the people. My wife and I went to San Diego to visit friends. I in the past have traveled the world Canada, Australia, New Zealand, China and many other countries. The one quality I found at Mission Valley resort was quality and genuine concern of the management that the guests were serviced and made to feel important and appreciated. All I can say is what wonderful people and wonderful service we had in our short stay. I will make it a point my future visits to make this my preferred location for accommodations. This management has genuine concern for your comfort and needs during your stay.
Joe Pickett
Las Vegas,Nevada

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Oxnard, California
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I stay here frequently for business and pleasure. We find the hotel to be comfortable, clean and very friendly. The rooms are spaces, well furnished and the beds are very comfortable. The staff is professional and courteous, especially Brad Vogel, a key contact at the hotel who is always accommodating. The convenience and central location of Mission Valley Resort is a big plus, it's always pleasure staying there and we would recommend the resort to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here with our family for a long weekend at the beach. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. They let us check in early and were great about extra linens & toiletries. The grounds were beautiful and the pool and hot tub were great. The room wasn't fancy, but was clean and comfortable and not at all run-down. All amenities were as described on the website.

I booked without reading reviews, and my husband was a little concerned with some of the negative reviews about how ghetto it might be. We were pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure what is up with all the negative reviews, but we were very pleased with this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dorset
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked this hotel without reading reviews I am glad to say! We were in San Diego for 2 nights to attend a friend's memorial. I booked an upgrade room as there was so little difference in the price. On arrival we were directed to our room which turned out to be a suite. Ground floor so we were able to have our car outside our accommodation,which comprised of a living room with couch,easy chairs.coffee table and side tables with lamps,a large T,V. At the end of the room was a bar, behind which was a fridge,basin, coffee maker with tea,coffee bags,sugar and powdered milk. Shortly after arrival a tap on the door and the arrival of a microwave. The bedroom had a king bed (heaven) plenty of cupboard space and another large T.V. Excellent bathroom with bath and shower and plenty. of towels.
There is a diner and liquor/general shop on the property.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade it is well worth it, and at the rear of the property.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple