Mission Valley Resort
$429
  • Restaurant
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$279
$249
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$299
$262
$220
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$214
  • Restaurant
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$255
$249
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
$309
$236
  • Beachfront
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$351
$329
Official Site
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$1,128
$289
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed through the second week of January and enjoyed our trip. The personnel upon check-in was remarkable. Our room was on first floor because we asked for; it had been a large room for $39, fresh and bedsheets was cool and cozy. It was also very tranquil and so our sleep was perfect. The hotel is bigger than I estimated along with the exotic backyard areas, the pool area were fun. We had booked a rental car and it was easy getting in and out from the hotel to get down to the city or the beach. We will stay here again next time at the same price I hope.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bod m
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I've stayed at the Mission Valley Resort before and was looking forward to it again. I stayed with some friends back in 2007 and we had a great experience. Unfortunately this time wasn't as great. The location is pretty good, a 5 min drive to Old Town, about 10 min to the Gaslamp District, and about a 15 min walk to the closest trolley station (Fashion Valley Mall).

I called the Friday before we were to check in to verify our reservation. The person I spoke with spent 10 min trying to locate my reservation, and then informed me that they were fully booked and there would be no early check-in available. When we got there on Saturday there was only 1 person working the front desk and 3 parties in front of us waiting to be helped. When we finally got checked in, our room keys didn't work. We went back to the front desk, waited in line again, and were told by there women there that we should be more careful and not put the room keys near our credit cards or cell phones because it will cause the keys not to work. The keys had been in my hand the whole time.

The room was pretty run down. There were tears in the sheets, the carpet was frayed, the bathroom had some black stains (smoke or mold- I'm not sure) on the wall, and the shower head barely spit out enough water to wash shampoo out of my hair. Bottom line- its a pretty basic hotel, and if your expectations are low you'll be fine. We don't generally spend much time IN hotel rooms... we go on vacation to go out and have fun... but I think the basics- like clean walls and fresh sheets without rips in them should be standard.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank allierskine
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year and booked through JetBlue. Horrible mistake. The trip was for me and my son and it was our first trip to Cali and the hotel was a disappointment. It was in dire need of repair. The bathroom was horrible and dirty and this was an upgraded room. I made my son shower with his flip flops on. The place was totally gross.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I've been to San Diego before, but this was the first time I stayed at this hotel. I got a very low price online, and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. The rooms are a bit run down, but clean. The staff was very nice, and I liked the sports bar. Overall, I would have expected less for the price, and I will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Mariel D
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Recently, while on a business trip, I booked two nights at the Mission Valley Resort. My company had put me up in a expensive down-town hotel for two nights and I elected to stay on my own dime for a few days just for a little R&R. The company paid hotel was $200/night. I could go on and on about the differences, some slight some not so slight but in the end, Mission Valley Resort was safe, clean and centrally located. It had ample room for me to park my car, a nice swimming pool and a really, really convenient family restaurant and shop connected to it and with the money I saved, I was able to buy and eat like a king in La Jolla and Laguna Beach. I guess you could say, I did San Diego on the cheap.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo