“Overall a decent hotel”

Ranked #111 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Diamond Bar, California
“Overall a decent hotel”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family and I went there on July 4th weekend. This was my second time staying at this hotel. The reason why I went back was because I had such a good experience last time I was there. Clean room, friendly staff and a nice concierge lounge. Unfortunately the lounge was closed both days we were there this time (instead they gave us a breakfast coupon for 2). The first time I was there as a Gold elite Marriott member, they offered me extra points and free parking because they were unable to offer me a room upgrade. This time, not so lucky...none of that was given even when asked. I guess I should not complain but appreciate the extraordinary experience I had the previous time.

I wanted to mention Jorge who served at the restaurant during breakfast was very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hi Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us on TripAdvisor - we sincerely appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We're glad Jorge was able to make your breakfast more enjoyable.

Your satisfaction is a priority to us, and we apologize for being unable to meet your requested accommodations. Thank you for your honest feedback as it helps us to better serve you in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,
San Diego Marriott Mission Valley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Turkish first
phoenix,az.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

nice hotel with good location. staff very helpful. good sized rooms. very clean. nice gym and pool. reasonably priced for a marriot in san diego. good location with a large amount of stores and restaurants nearby. 20 minutes from beach or airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, from our convenient location to our helpful staff. We always appreciate hearing positive feedback from our guests, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 29, 2014

What a great hotel-facilities, service, location, but most of all the people! Reasonable, fun, and local. Check it out!

We have to mention Raymond, Katie, Alex, and Dana up front;great food and service from Carol in the restaurant; nice folks out on at the pool, spotless rooms...

They all spoiled us!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Marriott Mission Valley for your recent getaway! We could not be happier to hear about your wonderful stay. We are particularly glad to know that you experienced our outstanding guest services, something we take great pride in. We hope to have the pleasure of your return one day soon for an equally enjoyable stay!
Dayton, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This Marriott was a pleasant surprise. I found the dining experience to be above average with some great happy hour specials on appetizers late evening. What a treat. The service was of the high standards of this great service chain. You will enjoy the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We are so happy to know that your experience with us was a pleasant surprise. Thank you for your compliments on our dining experience and particularly the service. We are so glad to know that you experienced the exceptional customer service that Marriott is known for. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Washington DC, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The staff has been phenomenal. No matter if it's been Liza Lopez in the bar or the guys at the front desk and front door this Marriott is great. So nice to know you're taken care of. Tough being on the road with work but it's so great to be greeted with a smiling face at the end of the day by people who really care. This hotel has is doing it right!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor and everything was great. I can't speak for the other floors but didn...
Green Features: Environmentally friendly I guess, I don't really know.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
We couldn't be happier to hear about your exceptional experience at the Marriott Mission Valley! It is wonderful to hear that you have had the opportunity to experience our phenomenal staff throughout your stay. It is our goal to create a relaxing and enjoyable environment for business travelers and we are very pleased that you have enjoyed your time with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Smooth check-in, great rooms, pool, bar. gift shop, fitness room. San Diego trolley stop next to hotel. Small refrigerator, my insulin is safe. liters of water on the table. Shopping nearby, as well as a market within walking distance. Theaters, restaurants, all nearby.Love this place!

Room Tip: Check-in 4PM, they are ready for you. When you plan a trip to Sea World, stay here. It's a 17 mi...
Green Features: Light bulbs, water aerators, drought resistant plants, low flush toilets.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are delighted to know that all aspects of your stay, from the room amenities to the location, exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your review, as we are always glad to know when we have provided an exceptional experience for our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
yucaipa, ca
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

As a loyal member and platinum level member overall I was pleased with the stay. I initially asked for a room upgrade and was denied and told I could have an upgrade for $100 more a day. I was renting and paying already for 4 rooms..... No thank you I said. She also charged me for parking that was supposed to be included with the convention I was with... So to have that all fixed took an additional 20 minutes ..... But that was the worst of it.... The restaurant staff was great ... Conceirge was good although the room was small and felt a bit cramped. I asked the next day if a room upgrade was possible and got it right away. Very nice and helpful. Not like initial check in.... The room was fantastic and soooo appreciated as we had 2 other guest join us and the standard room is pretty small for 4 guests... I would absolutely stay here again. It does have a resort feel with the waterfall by the pool and hammocks. Just lovely. Also I might add.... Very very nice for the price in the San Diego area which can be very pricey!!

• Stayed June 2014
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Marriott Mission Valley! Your honest feedback is a priceless tool in helping us to maintain and improve our guest experience. We are glad to hear that the parking charge was resolved quickly and efficiently, and that we were able to accommodate your room upgrade. Thank you for your comments on restaurant staff and concierge lounge. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again, next time you travel to San Diego!