“Quite Section of Town and Proffessional Staff”

San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Ranked #102 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Southern California
“Quite Section of Town and Proffessional Staff”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I would first like to say that this is a great location in the Mission Valley area of San Diego, as you are near everything but far enough away to avoid all the traffic and noise. If you are an Elite member you get some special perks at this property, starting with a special parking lot just for you. Now there is a charge for parking and internet (unless you are gold and above) and even if the concierge lounge is closed you get a certificate for a free breakfast. Be sure to ask for the $10 off certificate for the restaurant as well, the food was pretty good for a hotel restaurant. I found the staff to be courteous and accommodating to our needs. The Room itself had some nice touches you don't see at every Marriott, like an in room safe, upgraded bathroom products, and our room had a refrigerator. I found the little touches throughout the hotel to add to the feeling of luxury and feeling like you are in a high end property. There were plenty of outlets throughout the room as well, and the lighting was good as well (as I have been in plenty of dark rooms and I don't mean for photography) Overall I will definitely be back to this location and recommend it to ours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the lobby side of the hotel, as there is a better view from the higher flo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time share your experience with us. We are delighted that our staff provided you with excellent service and that you enjoyed all of the in room amenities. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Turkish first
Temecula
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was a real good three day stay for my wife and I. The staff was absolutely incredible from housekeeping, valet, front desk and room service. The do a fantastic job of making sure you are really taken care of.
We had a King room with a balcony, which is awesome. It allows the room to feel bigger and give it another dimension. The sunset views and the surrounding valley was great. Room service food was really good as well.
I would like for them to have pillows that are firmer. That would probably be the only real complaint or suggestion I would have, in addition to the loud and thundering noise of every door that shuts. I don't know if there is anything anyone can do, but it woke me up several times.
I would stay again, definitely.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We're thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us and that the amenities within the hotel worked out so well for you. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our staff. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit.
Smithfield, Utah
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect hotel to stay at when visiting San Diego! We came in for a padres game and to see the area, this hotel has a tram station less than 5 walking minutes away.

Besides the perfect location, this property is amazing for amenities. Great pool, restaurant and staff.

The only downside is the pricy parking and a bit annoying at times.

Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is so great to hear that the amenities within the hotel worked out so well for you! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room is very nice and comfortable. Lobby looks nice and pool is beautiful. I enjoyed the outdoor hammocks. My only issue was that the restaurant was poorly staffed having only one waitress for the entire floor at dinner time. I was there for 2 hours and all I ordered was a quesadilla. She was so busy she forgot to offer me a drink and never stayed long enough for me to ask for one. This is not at all her fault as she was running ragged trying to wait on 15 different tables. However, it was frustrating that I had to wait so long. I was going to order dessert as well but opted to go to Denny's instead to avoid an even longer wait.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience both unfavorable and favorable, as the feedback we receive is a priceless tool in enabling us to maintain and improve our guest experience.We hope to have the pleasure of your return one day soon!
Walnut, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was traveling with a group and we secured a good rate for a bank of rooms that included Parking and Breakfast. Everything was clean and the staff were friendly, this was my first time staying here and I was not disappointed. I also appreciated the convenient location of this hotel. I would stay again.

Room Tip: keep in mind parking was $16, if you don't like second-hand smoke try to be on the downwind side...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we truly appreciate it! It's great to hear that the location, friendly staff and comfortable room all contributed to you enjoying your stay with us. Thanks again!
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stereotypical Marriott. Interior decor is average. Elevators are strangely placed, tucked away behind reception desk. The hotel is conveniently located near the highway.

But, most annoying, is the parking situation. The self-park lot is $16/night, which is very high considering that this is a suburban-type hotel. The lot should be free! I parked on the street for free.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator. All rooms are essentially the same in size. pool side rooms may have a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is the first time staying at this hotel, I was not disappointed. The property is located in a great area, it is nearby multiple restaurants and the major highways so getting around is easy. The staff here are very helpful and willing to go out of there way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are very roomy and comfortable and it is nice that the room had a refrigerator. We used the concierge lounge and liked the food they offered. The room had nice views of the city and we didn't feel cramped. I highly recommend this hotel to people visiting San Diego and for people that want a nice getaway locally.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple