“Perfect”

San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
Ranked #109 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
“Perfect”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was in town for a quick get away with the family. The staff at this location made for a wonderful experience. In particular we were able to engage in wonderful conversation with Nick Huizar and Logan. Thanks for the great hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Turkish first
Koekelberg, Belgium
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Great arrival experience with room waiting and accommodating check-in. Room is large, well equipped (coffee maker, safe, good lighting,...) and -in my case - with a wonderful view.
The concierge miunge is small but well equipped

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
columbia, MD
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked this hotel because Hotwire gave it 4 stars, as does Trip Advisor. But Expedia gives it 3.5 and Booking Buddy gives it 3. I cannot imagine giving it more than 3 because the room we got and its bathroom were smaller than in a standard hotel. Other than that, the service was excellent, the hotel immaculate and the grounds and pool area very attractive. $16/day for parking is a bummer. While paid hotel parking is common in Mission Valley, street parking is available for most other hotels.

The hotel was recently renovated. The rooms are quite attractive if you like modern as I do.

You cannot walk to any restaurants or stores from this hotel, whereas you can from many Mission Valley hotels. My favorite is the Doubletree on Hazard Drive.

Room WIFI is $13, a real turnoff. It's free in the lobby.

There is a decent sized, heated outdoor pool.

I paid $104 a night thru Hotwire.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gardena, California
Reviewed May 1, 2013

well lets just say I was very tired and hot, driving from Los angeles california. I just wanted to find a nice hotel and lay out by a nice pool. when I was driving I found the marriott. Driving up to the hotel it rubbed me the wrong way because right when I was going to talk one of the staff and ask questions about parking and room rates, a women interupted him and he went the other way. I became a little more agitated, but right when I was going to drive away I notice other staff member and decide to ask him questions his name was Raymond Leon. Instatly he made my day. He was very courteous I was very impressed on how well he handle our conversation. When my son and myself got out of the car he offered to show us around the hotel. I was happy because not once have I had that someone offer to do that. when my son saw the pool area he was sold. I could not leave even if I wanted to .He looked at me and said "mom I like it here". and to to top it off Raymond gave me a great deal on the room. so like my son I was sold. I was talking with Raymond he was very talkactive so am I. I forgot how tired I was talking with him, I told him we where in town because we came to see the universal soul circus ( by the way it was a great show). and I also explained it was my birth day and I just wanted to spend time with my son. when I got to my room it was nice with a nice size bed room with a wonderfull view and clean linen and towels. My son was happy that he could see the pool and have a lot of space by his side of the room he jumped on the bed excited. Ramond also took care of my parking fee and also through out my trip made sure we were okay. which was a relieved because it was just my son and myself. When it was check out time he checked us out and made sure I had directions for La Jolla beach and also made sure my son had cookies to go, because my son fell in love with their cookies. The staff knew my name and was very pleasant, but Raymond Leon really made my trip comfortable and unforgetable in so many positve ways . I will be returning for my next birth day and will be looking for Raymond Leon. Thanks so much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca C, Operations Administrative Assistance at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Driving from Los Angeles to San Diego can be very tiring. We are so happy you had an opportunity to stay with us. Let your son know we will have plenty of cookies waiting for him on your next visit!