Our stay was disappointing. We've stayed at this Marriott a few times over the last dozen years with great results, but it's not a luxury hotel anymore. We stayed the night attending an event being held in the Marina ballroom and we called to check availability for an early check-in and were told that the hotel did not sell out the night prior and so rooms were plentiful. I asked for bay view room and was charged an extra 30.00 for the upgrade into the south tower. I pointed out to the desk clerk that we've stayed before and received the same price as the city view as the rooms were available anyway, but with no luck. The south tower is dated but relatively clean. The air conditioner did not work well so in the afternoon, the western sun really heated up the room. Our room had an outstanding view of Coronado and the harbor, but the windows were dirty on the inside (not cool). We went out for the evening and returned to find our bed turned down (which was nice), but oddly enough, the phone had been moved. When we checked out the next day, two phone calls reflected on my bill and I promptly asked to have the charges removed as we had not used the phone. The desk clerk was indifferent to my concerns about someone using the phone in a guest room while the guests are not in, but she removed the charges. DW's pub is horribly overpriced for drinks and it didn't get much better the next day. The breakfast service at LC's was poor, although the waitress was nice, the restaurant was really understaffed and the overall environment was confusing. At one point, the couple next to us got up to go to the buffet and another couple was seated in their chairs by the hostess. The scene that ensued was comedic to watch, but not a happy event for the overworked waitress that had to clear up the mess and apologize to all. And to end it all...we then stood for 40 minutes waiting for the valet service to reclaim our car. Maybe this Marriott has had a management change that has caused it to slowly degrade to just another 'tourist' hotel in San Diego. We won't be staying here again. It's a shame...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- Marriott San Diego