4,321 results
All reviews north tower seaport village convention center tequila bar the concierge lounge pool area coronado island self parking city view within walking distance the gas lamp district large hotel balcony room petco park room service gaslamp quarter beautiful hotel
Reviewed June 14, 2016

Because I am a gym rat, I will provide a fairly detailed account of the Marriott's fitness center - which I thought was pretty well equipped for being a hotel. The overall space for the fitness center was spacious, clean and filled with necessary
workout amenities like dry and wet towels, filtered water, courtesy earphones, and even apples for a post-workout bite to eat. The ladies' restroom included lockers, a changing room and shower. A room in the back is set up for group cycling or other group workouts. There were plenty of cardio equipment: elliptical machines, tread mills, stationary bikes, stair steppers, etc. I prefer to lift weights and do body weight work, so let's get to the really good stuff - smith machine with a variety of weights, cable machine with all the attachments including a foot strap for leg work, dumbbells, kettle bells, medicine balls, Swiss balls, bosu ball, barbell (long and short), chin up/dip machine, various arm/leg/chest gym equipment, foam rollers, thick gym mats, plyo boxes. And if you just prefer to be outside, the fitness center exits to the pool and San Diego harbor so you can get your run in! I included photos of what I haven't been able to find on this or other sites.

Room Tip: north tower, up high, ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank chickabeegrrl
Exec0410, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Dear chickabeegrrl,
It was so nice to read your review of our hotel's fitness facility. In addition to the facility itself we offer complimentary yoga classes led by a live instructor. We also have Yoga on our TV so that guests can practice in the privacy of their own room. The boardwalk is a wonderful setting for a run. The adjacent convention center has stairs that are also incorporated in the fitness landscape of San Diego. Many of our locals enjoy intense workouts on the steps that overlook the bay on one side and the city on the other. We hope to see you back here soon so that you can enjoy more of what our hotel and San Diego has to offer.
Warm regards

Reviewed June 14, 2016

Joey and Joel at the pool bar, and Danny in the lobby, together with Kyle Cooper (the manager) made such a difference in my stay. I had just broken my foot and could not carry anything or get around. They went out of their way to bring me lunch, coffee, a phone charger and other things exactly where I was. And they were authentically caring and happy to help. This is really a wonderful place to feel taken acre of. :-)

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family

Dear Marcy Strauss A,
A broken leg is a big deal. We truly hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery. Thank you for taking the time to post about the level of service you received during your stay. Our Hosts will be personally recognized by our Hotel Manager for having made such an impression on you. We hope your travels will bring you back to our hotel so that you can once again enjoy your visit, perhaps without crutches.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed June 13, 2016

I requested wine and strawberries be in the room or delivered after we arrived and all I got was a card stating to call for any needs. I would have rather they sent what I asked for after I arrived instead of a card. Other than that we enjoyed our stay. The staff were very nice. We loved the love seat in the room so we could relax at the end of our day.The bars were excellent and we enjoyed relaxing in the lounge chairs by the fire pits. Beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: One tower has balconies for every room.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear JanetandDeon,
Happy Belated Anniversary. We are delighted to know that you selected our hotel for your special weekend and are very sorry that we missed the queue with the wine and strawberries. Thank you for your compliments about our staff and hotel. Should your travels bring you back to our hotel please contact our Front Office Manager directly to ensure we make your welcome a special one.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 13, 2016

I spent five days at this location for a conference and was very impressed with the amenities, dining options nearby, and the spacious room. Quite honestly, I normally do not stay at Marriotts, due to the cost. However, this trip was being funded by another organization, and this was the hotel of their choice.

The room was wonderful. Two open patios, with a large desk space ... and HUGE bed, made for a very comfortable business trip. The room was shaped differently than most rooms, creating a cozier atmosphere.

Although there was no morning breakfast, a few different options existed for those on a tight schedule. Yes, the cost was comparable to an airport ... but, well worth the saved time from walking downtown. In the evening, a person could easily grab something and use the room fridge to save it for the next day.

I will state that I was disappointed in the hotel related to a Trump Rally in the nearby convention center. Due to rally, no guests were allowed to leave the hotel parking lot. Unfortunately, I parked behind the Marriot, and both exits were blocked by city police. I asked about the situation at the hotel desk ... and no-one seemed to know what was going on, who to contact, etc. In short, I was "stuck" at the hotel from about 1:30 - 5:30 p.m. ... which kinda ruined my only day for touring the surrounding area.

I understand that the Marriott staff may not have known all of the answers; however, regardless of the rally or not, someone on staff should have planned for the "worst" in order to prevent guests from having to be stranded on-site. At the very least, guests that asked questions and appeared disappointed should have been given some sort of "perk" for being frustrated.

Overall, guests services were fine and complemented my expectations ... except for the rally situation.

Room Tip: Request a room on the "end" of the hotel ... which offers a different room shape.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2016

Absolutely love the Marriott Marquis San Diego! I have been staying here monthly since Jan and still love it. Spacious rooms, friendly staff, really neat clean rooms! It is the best place to stay, with plenty to do and it is a short walk down to Sea Port Village.

Room Tip: Higher floors with the harbor view are ideal!
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Exec0410, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

Dear Mossygirl81,
Thank you so much for posting about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you are getting to know our Hosts and our city. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Warmest Regards