Staff who seem more focused on just completing tasks, not smiling, saying thanks or even really acknowledging the guests. And I can't believe management doesn't issue instructions to staff like "don't walk in front of them rudely when you are moving around the hotel facilities" or "smile, say hi, and ask if the guest needs anything". Really lousy service overall.
A room service meal that is never delivered, but IS charged to the room.
A staff member who responded "let me check and call you back" instead of "sorry for that I'll be glad to remove it from your bill and to ask the room service staff to do a better job".
And that same staff member calling back saying, and I quote "I checked it out and removed it from your bill. Thank you." but no apology for it happened (I was hungry that night and went to sleep hunger) nor for it being charged to my room.
The worst bank of elevators (South Tower) in all of creation. At morning rush hour it can literally take 15 minutes to get to the lobby.
They have converted room service to a glorified take out joint. Not appealing.
The restaurants are way over-priced, loud, and with ho-hum menu items.
The concierge lounge is tiny and crowded and feels like a cattle car operation.
Supposedly this property is one of Marriott's flagship properties.
The manager listened politely, looked grim, apologized, and gave me 10,000 points in my account. I guess that was nice, but she didn't really seem to make me think that anything would change.
After 22 years of regular visits to San Diego - it's time for a new favorite hotel.
From a lifetime Marriott Gold member.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- Marriott San Diego