By Marriotts admission and harbor police who helped investigate, this was not the first time bikes were stolen from the hotel parking lot, and previously an individual was caught in the act with wire cutters attempting to detach a bike from a car. In our case 2 expensive carbon fiber triathlon bikes were stolen, bike rack vandalized, on Sunday, in broad daylight, within a hour of us leaving to get lunch. Bikes were secured to car with cable locks. We returned to find locks cut and both bikes missing. Police reports were filed, Marriott claims came back with "...we never took possession so we can't help you...". Same apparently applies to anything you leave on Marriott premises without explicitly asking them to securely store it.
It would seem reasonable for Marriott to secure its parking lot, especially after repeated incidents of theft, but that would require caring about its customers and their property. It may be reasonable to assume that this level of neglect is not limited to Marriott's parking lot, but I certainly would not feel safe leaving anything in hotel room or parking lot (car included), and would opt to stay in a hotel that doesn't shy away from their responsibility to guests. We currently looking into filing with small claims. In retrospect paying extra for a more secure hotel would have been worth it. At $5,500+ it's an expensive lesson.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- Marriott San Diego