Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$283
$231
$232
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$199
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$227
$155
Hotels.com
$219
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$164
$153
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$217
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
4,152 results
All reviewsnorth towerseaport villageconvention centertequila barthe concierge loungepool areacoronado islandself parkingcity viewwithin walking distancethe gas lamp districtbalcony roomlarge hotelpetco parkgaslamp quarterroom servicebeautiful hotel
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed 2 nights for a business convention. We had taken over almost the entire hotel. Excellent check in with personal service by check in agents in lobby. Hotel is large with two towers - ask for room 1240 corner room with 2 double beds, and excellent panoramic views of the city. Hotel has great views from 'Marinas Kitchen' an excellent wine and dessert place open late. Starbucks in lobby. Excellent, quality food, super convention ballrooms. Would stay again - looks family friendly in super location with water views.

Room Tip: Room's ending with 40
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a beautiful place to stay. The hotel is great, the views awesome and the service of the hotel excellent. The pool area is very nice with lots of room to relax.The hot tubs were hot and the towel attendants handy. Our room was well appointed and serviced discreetly and quickly. A+ for the hotel. The only ding I had was the service in the restaurant. The breakfast buffet is awesome - lots of choices with eggs/omelets cooked to order. It was a good thing we could get our own food since service table side was slow and infrequent. I actually went to the bar a couple of times for a drink refill as wait staff were just not around.

All things considered, the hotel is very nice and in a great location with great views of the bay. I would stay here again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I were just looking to get out of LA for a couple of days. Spend some quality time together and take it some local attractions. I did a lot of research and settled on this Marriott. Truth be told, I nearly always pick a Marriott, but they have a lot of different brands.

Upon arrival, the first self parking lot was full so we went to the second. Parking is expensive as noted it other reviews, but unlike other reviews we did not have a hard time finding a spot. We walked into the beautiful lobby and headed straight for the Elite check-in desk. I told them I had already checked in via mobile app and the pulled my key cards right out and handed them to me. Truly, this app saved me a good 10 min at the check in desk. We were upgraded to a bay view on the 20th floor of the South tower. Having read all the other reviews, I was hoping for the North tower.

Up the Elevator we go and to our room and the keys DO NOT work! Ugh! Back to the elevators and I see there is a phone and call downstairs explain the situation and they send security up to let us in and a bell hop with new keys. While we waited about 10 min for security and bell hop to arrived we admired the gorgeous view from the elevator bank. It was facing more toward the city, but with the setting sun it was a great view.

Finally in the room I immediately go to the window to check out our view. Spectacular! We can see the marina, the pool, the ocean, the setting sun and into Seaport Village. It was great! I took a lot of pictures. Of course the room itself was pretty standard for a Marriott, but the shower! Loved the shower, not tub, but a large waterfall like shower heard and large shower area and the bathroom itself was fairly sizable for a hotel.

We loved the fact that we were in walking distance (less than 1/2 mile) from the Gaslamp Quarter and Seaport Village. We even walked to the USS Midway and back. We had a great weekend and this hotel has it all. Amenities (which we didn't really use, but will next time), local attractions and friendly staff.

Only reason I give 4 instead of 5 is for the mishap with the keys and the wait for security to get up there.

Room Tip: I don't see how you'd have a bad view but... ask for an upper floor more toward the marina side in the south tower. If you're in the north tower an upper floor more toward the city side would give you the best view of the ocean and marina. Also, the higher you are the less likely you are to hear all the traffic below. Also, the North tower has most of the balconys if you want one.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was there for business and stayed in the North Tower. The rooms were spacious, and it was quite comfortable since I shared a room with a business associate. We had a balcony and had a great view of both downtown and the marina! It was a beautiful view and I took advantage of it by taking lots of pictures. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Even though it was busy and I was busy attending a conference, there was a calming and peaceful atmosphere that put me quickly at ease. The breakfast buffet is fabulous and worth that extra splurge. It's also a great location as one can catch the trolley right across from the hotel. Downtown is nearby as is the Gaslamp District, a charming and picturesque historical district with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and definitely recommend this hotel for business and/or pleasure. I would love to come back and stay as a tourist on vacation!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I first stayed at this property about a year ago. I recalled that the tequila bar was pretty great... Since then Ive been eagerly awaiting the chance to return.

This property and it's staff didn't disappoint. The room was great. All of the food I sampled at the outlets was way above par, and the tequila bar a lot of fun. My girlfriend and I went down for a drink shortly after check in. The staff was friendly and you could tell that they were having fun - which translated to really great service. We went back the next day and we're pleasantly surprised to see the same crew working. Aaron and Cesar welcomed us back and brought us some comp chips with a couple salsas. Awesome guys. We felt like valued guests. I never shared with them that I was an executive chef for Marriott - I wasn't looking for special treatment. This goes to show that they take care of the average guest in such a wonderful fashion. Kudos to Aaron and Cesar! We'll be back (hopefully when it's a bit warmer!)