I struggled with this review more than I typically do. The pro's are the fabulous staff - everyone was wonderful and helpful. I even loved every interaction with the woman who cleaned our room. The view is beautiful. The pool looks lovely. There was just something consistently "off" for me the whole stay. Part of it was the other hotel guests. Being directly next to the convention center was super convenient because my husband was there for work. That also meant though that there were convention-goers everywhere. And they were mostly middle-aged men. And I don't think they get out on their own much. Everyone was a little too ready to party. We were on the 9th floor overlooking the pool/harbor... which also meant the tequila bar. There were some incredibly loud, partying women down there hollering expletives, etc. until 3 am one night. Well, it probably went past 3 am, but we turned the fan up on high to drown them out at that point. We also witnessed young men in the north tower hanging out shirtless and spitting off their balconies. Gross. Those few things certainly colored my view of the property. Hotel staff should have been on top of the people yelling outside at 3 a.m. That is absolutely unacceptable. You can also hear the bells for the train across the street - what felt like every 8 minutes. It was impossible for us to sleep without the fan on all night. We could also hear people walking above us and the hallway doors are loud. Luckily we were on the end of the hall so that didn't bother us too much. The location is perfect. It was an easy walk to the Gaslamp, the harbor walk area was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed the shuttle across the water to the other Marriott. I don't know... I really wanted to like it, and I certainly didn't hate it - but I can't say it was better than average. We were in a suite with a king bed and my husband and I both woke up every morning to sore backs (which is another first for me) - time for new mattresses for sure. I do want to reiterate that we were treated really well by all the staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego