I spent 4 nights here for a conference. I would rate this an excellent property. Service was exceptional. I arrived on the last day of the Comic Con convention and it was chaos. Yet the valet, bell station, and registration desk were calm and managed the situation quite well. I had a room in the south tower with a balcony overlooking the pool and bay. If you have a choice you should try to get one of these rooms. The room was exceptionally clean. Brilliant HD TV, walk-in shower, mini-fridge, and king bed.
I was there for a conference so I did not get a chance to try the restaurants as the conference covered all of our meals. I did get a chance to buy a cinnamon roll and bottle of water from one of the coffee shops and it cost me $7. That was a rip off.
Outside the heated pool was beautiful. The two hot tubs were great if not a little too hot. In the evenings the fire pits at the outdoor bar kept you nice and warm and created a really neat atmosphere.
Proximity to Seaport Village and USS Midway was excellent. If you simply want to stroll along the waterfront you can do that too. It's right outside.
Only real problem we had was that the wireless network cratered during the conference which created a problem.
Otherwise everything was wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego