It's a bit difficult to write this review. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to attend a convention, and Marriott got just about everything right. Check-in was quick and cheerful. My room was spacious and had a nice balcony. The bathroom was spotless and in pristine shape - no cracks in the tile, a perfect shower curtain. Rugs were spotless. I had a pretty view of the bay. Air conditioning was responsive. The hotel also has an outstanding fitness center.
I had a room with two double beds, and when I laid down the first night, I was stunned - the bed was completely broken down and wobbly. Every time I turned over, it wobbled and squeaked. It was much too soft. I actually don't mind a soft bed, but this one just seemed to be well past its prime. By this time, it was late and I had already unpacked, so I didn't request another room.
The second night I tried the other bed, which was better, but barely. What happened? My college dorm room bed in 1984 was better than this.
I have to take two stars off of this review for that very basic issue.
More forgivable issues: The bathroom wasn't terribly well-appointed. I've gotten used to things like q-tips and cotton balls being provided. The bath towels were small. These were minor issues and, with a comfortable bed, I would have rated this stay 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego