This is a large busy hotel. We stayed here 4 nights in late March. We drove from Phoenix and had no problem navigating downtown to the hotel. The front driveway, check-in and self parking all made for an easy arrival. The room was nice, clean and spacious; typical for a Marriott as were the friendly employees. There is a Ralph's grocery store within walking distance, so we stocked up on snacks and breakfast items (the hotel food/restaurants are expensive!). But beware: the room's refrigerator is the type that only keeps items cool, not cold. There is a disclaimer on its door to not store medicine, etc. So we avoided any foods that could spoil easily in that environment. Unlike Arizona pools, the pool area was green and tropical; there were even lawn chairs on grass! The pool was lively while we were there: families on spring break, etc. and the pool bar was great-- OK for Happy Hour, but good people watching. The location of this hotel can't be beat. You can walk to the Gaslamp District for good eats and fun nightlife. There are so many bars and restaurants in the Gaslamp, it will boggle the mind! And you are at the marina with walking paths in all directions for leisurely strolls. Another perk is the water taxi: Marriott runs a small boat across the bay to the Coronado Marriott dock. Its is $6 per person and takes 7 minutes to go across the bay. We hopped on and charged to our room, rented bikes on Coronado for the day, then returned via water taxi-- super convenient! Every morning we went down to Starbuck's on the first floor, then sat around with everyone else to use the free WiFi (we avoided the extra charge for Internet in the room). All in all it was a great stay-- we will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego