Friendly staff everywhere who really make an effort to help and to do it with a Cali-infused smile.
Location is glorious - get a balcony bay-facing room if you can. Pool is remarkable - private, with plenty of chairs, beautiful grounds. Very clean, modern rooms. Would have liked more outlet plugs, but docking station was nice. Also, no exhaust fan in bathroom (but perhaps it was broken). Fitness center very well maintained ; group exercise classes offered on weekdays. Nice touch with the very popular fresh lemon water.
Take the hotel - owned water taxi from right behind the hotel across the water to Coronado ($6) and hit the beach.
Overall, we were very pleased. Hotel is right across the street from the train stop, walking distance to all shops and restaurants, and very well maintained. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in style in sunny Southern California at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Our hotel in downtown San Diego provides an environment that perfectly suits business and leisure travel. Enjoy luxurious accommodations that come with many helpful and convenient amenities, like a 446-slip marina. The setting here at our San Diego hotel is superb: adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter. We are also near Balboa Park, Seaport Village and LEGOLAND(R) California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego