Clean, inviting, and an excellent location on the water. RIGHT on the the water. Any closer and you are in the harbor. Location is EXCELLENT. But this same hotel 20 miles inland would be 3 stars. The location is the 4 star hero here. No special attention or extras. Kudos to the friendliest valet and housekeeping staff in the world. Meant for the convention trade, next door to the convention center.
Business Center is in lobby is nice and offers free boarding passes for flights. Free internet in the "pubic" areas, for a fee in your room.
Marina Kitchen has a great breakfast buffet, not too bad at $25. The thick, sweet bacon and cinnamon buns are almost worth the money alone, but it comes complete with coffee and juice and made-to-order omelets, fruits, baked goods, meats, and specialty items! We also had dinner there late when we arrived (11pm).
The pool area has nice fire pit areas and is awesome, but offers no view as a large restaurant is in front of the pool and blocks the marina. Very "tropical" looking pool area. Nice work out facility. No spa. Go to the Hyatt next door for the spa (the Hyatt, a taller building, has a true 4 star lobby, and a great view at the top of the Hyatt bar - go next door for evening drinks).
The room was ample, clean, and had a great shower. Nice bath products, but not 4 star. The bed was a bit soft for a 4 star room.
Nice balcony overlooking the harbor. Request a room overlooking the harbor in the NORTH TOWER. The South TOWER only has a few balconies. The NORTH TOWER has almost 100% balconies. Ask for one facing the marina. The other view is of the city, nice, but we prefer the marina.
THE ZOO, the USS Midway, La Jolla (if you have a car - go snorkeling with the harbor seals), the harbor cruise, dinner in Little Italy or the Gaslamp district).
THIS is a super city. HAVE a great time!
My opinion, book it at $250 or less and you have a "deal."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego