Overdue review, but hopefully of help.
We stayed @ The San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend, and were overall satisfied based on our expectations and previous experiences with the Marriott chain.
Location: Cab ride was about 10 minutes, and location is very nice. Gaslamp district for dining and nightlife is about a 10 minute walk, or $3usd cab ride.
Rooms: We stayed in a King/Resort room on the south tower, which is the newest of the two but in which rooms do not have balconies. Room was spacious enough for 2, and kept clean and replenished with towels/basic ammenities daily.
Food: We had breakfast at the hotel twice and enjoyed some good omelettes and your usual breakfast fare. All served warm and by nice servers.
Activities: The hotel's pool is larger than most @ hotels in the area but because we stayed over a holiday weekend it was very crowded. Nevertheless, it was nice to sit underneath one of the palm trees and enjoy the cool water. Also, the hotel does offer a water taxi (at cost) to Coronado, for a nice day at the beach or bike riding (rentals).
Overall, the hotel was centrally located, rooms and common areas were kept clean, and staff was friendly. We would consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego